TWO

Katherine watched the practice, cringing every time Scott threw the ball. "I'll be back," she muttered as she watched him throw his gloves onto the ground. She could tell the rest of the boys on the field were watching her as she jogged over — including the boy from before — but she merely ignored them.

"What do you think you're doing?" Coach Finstock asked her as she whizzed past him. Katherine faced him for a short moment.

"I'm giving the team Captain a much needed wake up call," she answered breathlessly.

"Good," the Coach muttered, tapping his clipboard with his pen. Katherine smiled, then speed walked over to her brothers.

"Scott what the hell is happening?" She breathed out, looking up at Scott with a questioning look on her face.

"I'm having a really off day," Scott groaned, looking down at Katherine.

"Off day?" Stiles scoffed, flailing his arms. "Scott you're dying out there. I feel actual physical pain watching you."

"Agreed," Katherine nodded, bumping her arm with her brothers.

"I didn't see you make any shots," Scott retorted.

"That's because I'm terrible," Stiles scoffed.

"He sucks," Katherine agreed.

Stiles swatted the back of her head then turned to Scott. "You are the alpha."

"On the field I'm human," Scott disagreed. Katherine rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Human you sucks," Stiles snapped. "Do you think there's any way you could use a tiny little bit of wolf powers? Just a little bit."

"It's cheating."

"I know it is." Stiles flailed again. "I just hate seeing this little freshman come in and steal everything after you worked your tushy off to get it."

"I don't care what you do, just don't kill him with witnesses around," Katherine shrugged honestly when Scott looked to her for help. She didn't care that the boy had saved her from a broken nose. After everything he'd been through recently — everything he'd lost — Scott deserved the role of team captain more then anyone else on the field. Katherine pressed a kiss to Stiles' cheek, then Scott's, before running back to the bleachers.

The two continued to argue, and Katherine sighed.

"Looking good today, Shortie!" One of the boy's friends — Garret — called with a smirk, catching her attention.

Katherine shot him a sarcastic smile. "I'd say the same to you, but we both know I don't like to lie." Everyone laughed at Garret, while the boy from earlier tried to hide his smile.

They all regrouped for Coach Finstock to give instructions. Katherine couldn't hear what he said — she didn't have supernatural hearing — but Scott and Stiles switched out their sticks and walked up to the goal. She smiled as her two brothers knocked each of the players to the ground when they approached, though she wasn't very interested until the boy had to go.

Of course, he made it past them and got a goal. She groaned and quietly cursed at Scott under her breath. She knew he heard her when he flinched.

"That was luck!" Malia yelled, standing up. Katherine chuckled at the mortified look on Kira's face, and folded her arms over her chest. "Do-over."

"Sweetheart, there's no do-overs. This is practice," Coach chuckled.

"Ten bucks on Scott and Stiles," Malia yelled back adamantly.

"I'll take that action," Coach nodded. "Hey! Get back in their Liam!"

Liam.

Mystery boy had a name now.

Katherine laughed at Stiles' expression, then slid on a sweater she'd stolen from Lydia ages ago.

Her proud smiled soon turned into a grimace when Scott flipped Liam over his shoulder, and a loud crack echoed through the field. She immediately jogged towards them and helped watched the boys walk towards Liam. Katherine chewed on the skin around her thumb nail nervously, wrapping her other arm around her middle.

"Don't move!" The Coach yelled. "Don't touch him!"

"I'm okay coach," Liam promised, trying to stand. "I'm alright." As soon as he put weight on his leg, he let out a yelp of pain. The two boys immediately threw his arms over their shoulders.

"He should go to the hospital," Katherine grimaced, shooting Scott and Stiles a short glare. "That leg doesn't look too good."

"We'll take him to the nurse," Stiles suggested. Katherine followed the three of them, her arms crossed over her chest.

•••

"I'll sit in the back with you, if you don't mind," Katherine smiled at Liam. "Just ignore theses two asswipes."

"I don't even know where that horrible language came from," Stiles muttered, earning a slap on the back of his head from his little sister.

"Don't talk," she grumbled, easing Liam's hurt foot onto her leg. "I'm really mad at both of you, but I can't stay mad if you talk to me."

Stiles rolled his eyes, but complied anyways. "I'm going to the bathroom, I won't be going back home after," he mumbled. Katherine rolled her eyes when Stiles shot Liam one last squinty-eyed look before walking into the school.

The two sat in an awkward silence, neither of them sure of what to say. Katherine simply stared out the window, tapping her leg absentmindedly. Liam grimaced and cringed when he shifted his leg, catching Katherine's attention, and she frowned.

"I'll try to stay still," she murmured awkwardly. "Sorry."

"You didn't do anything wrong," Liam assured her immediately. "It hurts no matter what you do. I just shouldn't have moved it." Katherine smiled, and the two sat in silence while Scott walked away to talk to Kira. "I don't know your name."

"What?"

"I'm assuming you know my name, but I don't know yours." Liam repeated with a small smile. Katherine ignored the look of pure betrayal that Stiles gave her as he climbed into the Jeep again — she was still annoyed with both him and Scott — and met his eyes with a small grin.

"I'm Katherine." Liam smiled at her, then grimaced again.

"Here," Stiles grumbled, handing Liam an ice pack. "I figured you'd need it." Katherine stared at him skeptically before her annoyance disappeared.

"Thanks," Liam mumbled back, looking at Katherine in confusion. She merely shrugged and pulled she sleeves of her sweater down to cover her hands. Then she took the ice pack out of his hands and rested it carefully and gently on his ankle.

Liam grimaced, then let out a quiet sigh of relief. "I'm guessing that's better," Katherine chuckled, trying her best to hide her smile. Liam nodded gratefully.

"Definitely better," he breathed out, leaning against the door and closing his eyes.

"How is he?" Scott asked quietly from the front seat, craning his neck to look at her.

Katherine looked at Liam and smiled faintly. "He's asleep." Her expression then turned serious. "When we all get home, the three of us are having a discussion on how to not kill a freshman lacrosse player."

Scott and Stiles grimaced, though they knew she wasn't mad at them anymore.