TEN

Katherine wandered down the halls in search of Scott. She'd been trying to find him so she could talk to him about Derek being back, but he was much better at hiding from her then she'd like to admit.

"Kat! Katrina! Katerina, Lady Catelyn Stark!" She watched Mason skid down the halls, her brows furrowed.

"You know none of those are actually my names, right?" Katherine snorted, glancing down at him because of her heels.

"I know," Mason panted. "But it's Liam."

Katherine was immediately alert, her joking mood gone. "What's wrong with Liam."

"Front of the school — Devonford Prep lacrosse team — talking — not good — very very bad," he managed to get out.

Katherine slapped her forehead. "Let's go then," she grimaced. She rested a hand on her side as she practically ran down the hallway.

"How the hell do you run so fast in those things?" Mason yelled from behind her.

"Have you never seen Cat Woman?" Katherine scoffed as she pushed through a set of the school's many side doors. "Educate yourself, man."

She paused to allow Mason to take her to Liam. "He's this way," he panted.

Katherine nodded lightly and jogged behind him, her heels alerting those ahead to move the hell out of her way. A woman who can run in heels isn't a woman to be messed with.

As they approached the front of the school, she could see a large yellow bus parked in the front. There was a large group of boys Scott and Stiles' age — the Devonford lacrosse team — with Liam standing at the front. His hands were clenched at his sides, and she could see blood beginning to deep through his fingers.

Shit.

"We're going to break you in half out there," she heard the boy at the front growl.

So this asshole must be the captain.

"Liam," she breathed out as she stumbled to his side, gently tugging on his wrist. "Come on, let's go."

"Is this your girlfriend?" The captain scoffed. "She's a cute little thing."

"Watch it Brett," Liam warned in a low voice. He grabbed Katherine's hand and gently pulled her back a few steps so half of his body was in front of her.

Brett rolled his eyes and turned his attention to Katherine. "You're too good for him," he snorted.

Katherine stared at him, her left eye twitching in annoyance. "I guess I'm too good for you then, too," she shrugged casually, then shot him a sarcastic smile. "Considering I like him a whole lot better than I like you right now."

Brett blinked, and some of his team members laughed. "That's not very nice," he pouted mockingly.

Katherine noticed blood beginning to drip through Liam's fingers again. "Oh shit," she breathed out. "Okay Liam that's enough, lets go." She grabbed his wrist and tried to pull him away, but he would move. "That's enough, Brett," she snapped, noticing he'd opened his mouth again. He seemed surprised, but Katherine ignored him and continued trying to pull Liam away.

"Hey, Prep students!" Stiles cut in, sliding into the situation. He pushed himself in front of Liam while Scott pulled him away. Katherine stood with her brother. "Welcome to our humble little public school. How're you doing?" He held out a hand for Brett to shake, but was just given a raised brow. Stiles nodded, continuing on with his distraction. "I'm Stiles, and that's a very firm handshake you've got there. Mhmm." Katherine snorted quietly, then covered her mouth. "Uh, we're very excited for the scrimmage tonight, uh, but let's keep it clean, alright? No rough stuff out there."