EIGHT

Katherine felt arms wrap around her, bringing warmth that the concrete hadn't been able to give her. She whimpered quietly and burried her face in Scott's shoulder, shivering as she wrapped her arms around her stomach. "I'm sorry," she whispered as she looked up at him.

"There's nothing to apologize for," Scott promised her. He brushed stray hair out of her face and wiped a tear off her cheek. Katherine smiled weakly up at him, her head falling onto his shoulder. "Theres someone I think you want to say hi to." Katherine looked up at him with furrowed brows. "My text went through," Scott smiled, tucking a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

It took her a moment to understand what he meant, but when it clicked, Katherine threw herself from his arms and stumbled towards Chris Argent.

"Hey, Katherine," Chris chuckled. He knelt on the ground and rubbed her back. "How have you been?"

"Not that great," Katherine admitted. She sniffled quietly and wiped her eyes. "I miss her."

"I do too," Chris murmured. He stood up after the two separated. "Isaac misses you a lot, though."

Katherine smiled faintly. She heard Liam let out a faint growl, but she ignored it. "Is Isaac with you?" She asked hopefully.

"No," Chris answered. "He wanted to, but he was needed in France."

"Awe," Katherine frowned. "I need to steal another shirt. The one I have doesn't smell like him anymore."

Chris rolled his eyes and let out another laugh. "I'll tell him you said that." He rubbed his hands together. "When we all get home, I have a present for you."

"Hell yeah," Katherine grinned. She sniffled again quietly, and Chris moved to talk to Scott and Kira.

"Katherine." She turned to face Liam, and raised a brow.

"What's up?" She asked.

"I'm sorry," Liam mumbled. He didn't seem to be struggling at all now, even though the moon was still out. She didn't question it.

"You don't need to apologize," Katherine shrugged. "It wasn't your fault."

"But I hurt you," he frowned.

Katherine furrowed her brows. "No you didn't, what are you talking about?"

Liam stepped forwards and gently touched the area just below the torn hem of her shirt. She winced and looked down. Sure enough, there were five small puncture marks just above her belly button.

"It's not that bad," Katherine shrugged honestly. "Scott did worse than that on his first full moon."

"Really?" Liam asked, his brows flying up in surprise.

Katherine nodded and pulled down the waist band of her pants slightly, revealing four long scars on her left hip. They were faded, being almost two years old, but still visible. "He had to learn control pretty much on his own, and I don't blame him for anything," she answered honestly.

"Do you have more?" Liam asked. He still sounded guilty.

Katherine nodded and moved her the waistband of her pants back into place. "Mhmm. I have at least one scar from almost all the werewolves I've met."

"Can I see?"

Katherine chewed nervously on the skin around her finger nail before she nodded. "Well, these are from Jackson — you don't know him, but he was kind of an asshole." She showed him the faint claw indentations on his bicep. She had been paralyzed by him when he was the Kanima, under Gerard Argent's control.