THIRTY TWO

After almost a week of begging, Katherine's father had allowed her to go to France and spend the summer with Isaac. She had told him it was so she could learn new self defense techniques, seeing as she'd been hurt so many times in the school year, but in reality, it was so she could talk to somebody about Liam.

And seeing as Isaac was one of her few friends who didn't know actually know who Liam was, she decided he was the best candidate. So she spent some quality friend time with Mason, then packed her bags and had Stiles drive her to the airport.

To her surprise, the rest of the pack came as well. Lydia and Malia rode in the jeep with them, Kira took her car, and Liam came with Scott.

"I'm expecting a skype call at least every other day," Lydia instructed. "And I'm expecting to hear about every single one of the cute French boys you see."

"I know," Katherine laughed. "And Isaac will probably drive me completely off the walls, so I might call you every day."

"I'm completely okay with that," Lydia smiled.

Then she stepped back and made room for Malia, who lurched forwards with a short hug. She didn't say anything, but quickly went back to her brothers side.

Kira gave her a light hug and a smile.

Scott lifted her off the ground and spun her around, then almost dropped her on Stiles, who hugged her then gave her a lecture about no sleeping with any boys at all because it's forbidden, I forbade it, it is forbaden but that's not a word so just don't sleep with anyone.

Then she turned to Liam.

Katherine inhaled sharply and tried to ignore the butterflies that were fluttering around her stomach as she threw her arms around his neck. Hugging Liam was different now, and not in a bad way. Ever since she'd had her revelation at the fact that she was in love with the boy she considered to be her best friend, everything he did felt different.

Whenever he touched her, she blushed.

Everything he did made her smile.

She stared at him way more then she used to.

Her chest felt warm every time he laughed.

Naturally, Katherine blamed all of this on her not feeling well, or the high temperatures that accompanied the on-coming summer, or the fact that school was over and she was ecstatic, but she couldn't hide it for long. Not from Lydia, anyways.

"You'll still call me and stuff, right?" Liam mumbled into her shoulder, tightening his grip on her. "We aren't...real life unfriending each other or anything, right?"

"Of course we aren't," Katherine grinned, burying her face in the front of his shoulder. She inhaled happily and closed her eyes.

"This is going to suck," Liam mumbled, moving one hand from her back to cradle the back of her head. His other hand moved to wrap around her middle.

Katherine let out a quiet laugh and pressed a short kiss to his cheek. "I'm just going there for the summer," she smiled as she stepped back and dropped her arms to her sides. "It's not like I'm moving to France, Stiles would never let me do that."

"She's right," Stiles nodded immediately through a small huff.

Katherine rolled her eyes with a smile and grabbed the handle of her suitcase. "I guess I'll see you guys later," she breathed. "Stiles, I'll call you when I'm with Isaac."

"You'd better!" Stiles called back, then let out a small huff.

Katherine turned around and waved — her eyes briefly landing on Liam, who looked somewhat worried — before handing the flight attendant her ticket. Then she went up the ramp, texting Isaac to let him know she was boarding before finding her seat.

A/N:

Oh my god.

It's over.

I never thought I'd ever be able to say that because it takes me forever to update literally anything.

This chapter and the one before it have been in my drafts for the last five days, and I didn't want to publish them because endings really make me sad.

Then it clicked in that i will, in fact, be writing a sequel, that has already been started.

I am away for the rest of the month and won't be home until August, so it won't be published until I get back, but I am really looking forward to continuing Katherine and Liam's story.

A big thank you to everyone who has read this book, and commented, voted, attend it to a reading list, and whatever else you can do with a story on Wattpad.

It means the absolute world to me.

So I hope you're all patient with me while I work up the nerve to get the sequel published.

H.