ELEVEN

"What the hell happened to you today," Mason scoffed as Katherine sat next to him on the bleachers, waiting for the lacrosse game to start. "I thought you were sitting with us at lunch."

"Scott needed advice on how to ask Kira out," Katherine lied smoothly. Then she shot him a cheeky grin. "I'm designated couples counciler, being the tribe leader and all that."

"Ah, yes," Mason snorted with a roll of his eyes. "The tribe. Right. You must be a very good leader."

"She's not!" Scott yelled from the player's bench.

"Shut it peasant!" Katherine yelled back without turning around. She spun her bat around on the ground and sighed.

"You looked insanely cute today," Mason commented, eyeing the bat next to her curiously. He didn't ask any questions, thankfully. "I'm guessing that was courtesy of Lydia Martin?"

"Pfftt," Katherine snorted. "I look cute every day. But yeah. That was all Lydia." She flailed her arms, adding emphasis to her rainbow sweater. "But now the regular me is back."

"Good," Mason grinned. He bumped her shoulder. "Hey, Liam's here." They made their way towards him, Katherine gripping the handle of her bat tightly and lightly swinging it at her side.

"How are you holding up?" Katherine asked Liam once they'd stopped next to him.

"I'm fine," Liam sighed. He pulled his jersey over his head, then turned to look at them both. "Just a little nervous, I guess."

"That's normal," Katherine shrugged, sitting on the bench next to Mason.

"I don't care if he's a foot taller than me," Liam grumbled. "I can take him."

Katherine followed his gaze to Brett, who was standing a fair distance away without a shirt on as he changed into his gear. Her brows flew up and she whistled quietly, then covered it up with an awkward cough. Mason snorted at punched her arm.

Katherine's brows furrowed when she realized Brett was staring ahead, smirking lightly. Did he hear me? What the actual shit?

"Yeah definitely," Mason nodded, not once taking his eyes off of Brett.

"What do you think you're doing," Liam frowned, his eyes squinted as he looked at them both.

"Agreeing with you," Katherine shrugged lightly, bumping her arm with Masons.

"We're being agreeable," Mason nodded rapidly.

"You both think he's hot, don't you," Liam accused.

"No," Mason disagreed immediately.

"Absolutely not," Katherine muttered sarcastically. Then she made a face at Liam and flailed her arms. "Of course he's hot, did you not see his abs, child?" Mason covered his mouth to keep from laughing. "I'm just saying; he's hot, but that doesn't mean he's not an asshole. 'Cause he's definitely an asshole. But he can still be a hot asshole. Ya' get me?"

Liam nodded slowly — still unimpressed —then turned to his other best friend.

"Maybe he's a little hot," Mason admitted.

"He wants to destroy me," Liam scoffed.

"We know," Katherine nodded sheepishly. "But come on—" she pointed at Brett with a small frown on her lips "—That's not even fair. You can't expect me to say that's ugly. 'Cause that's definitely not ugly."

"I think you could definitely take him," Mason added in, and Liam nodded. "And then give him to me."

"To us," Katherine corrected. "Give him to us."