Prologue [pt. 2]

(Third-person POV)

6:30 AM.

Drowsy brown eyes stared at the alarm clock, blinking tiredly every few seconds.

6:33 AM.

An inaudible yawn escaped the mouth of the young teen, wrapped in the warmth of his sheet covers.

6:39 AM.

Those sleepy, dull, drowsy eyes slowly but surely widened, taking notice of the time embedded into his alarm clock.

6:42 AM.

He sat up albeit too quickly, making his head ache from the sudden movement. And so, after shaking off the small pain, he turned to look outside his room window.

'Barely bright...'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsuna slowly put on his uniform jacket, flattening out the creased ends.

7:01 AM.

'I've never woken up so early before...I wonder what's going on? Besides, usually Reborn beats me awake...' Tsuna mused, before freezing in his tracks.

'Don't tell me that he's planning something weird again! I guess I should put my guard up the-'

"You woke up early of your own accord Dame-Tsuna, don't go blaming me now," a smooth voice interrupted Tsuna's thoughts, causing the boy to slowly turn around to the source of said voice, which was-

Reborn in his adult form sitting casually on his bed, playing with his Leon gun.

"It's a shame, I had the perfect wake-up call tool prepared too."

'You say that with such a disappointed look on your face..' Tsuna sweatdropped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the Battle of the Rainbow concerning the Arcobaleno's forms, their true forms were said to be regained by waiting it out; like the birth of a regular human being, they were to grow back to their original form over the course of time. Although, no one expected it to be as quick as it was. Over the course of a few months, the Arcobalenos experienced extreme growth spurts, leading them back to their true forms right before the start of Tsuna's current third year in middle school.

Whenever all of the Arcobalenos got their true forms back, those who never saw their true forms before, including Tsuna and his guardians, were fairly surprised. Although, out of everyone, the transformation got the biggest reaction out of the Decimo. He was, as a certain boxer may put it, extremely surprised. At least, that's the bare minimum of what his response actually was. And then discovering that the so called "friend" of Reborn's that gave him a lesson during the battle was actually Reborn himself...

Anyways, after their forms were regained, each of the Arcobalenos thanked Tsuna in their own way, although Reborn smacked him upside the head after Tsuna just gaped at him for so long. Reborn honestly was grateful for what Tsuna did, as if he'd actually tell him though...

Whenever Nana saw Reborn's adult form she was clearly surprised, but whenever Reborn told her that he just went through an extreme growth spurt, she just took it at that, no questions asked. That's the clueless Sawada Nana we all know and love..

And thus, due to being back to his original form now, Reborn moved out of Tsuna's room and into a spare guest room within the house, although he always somehow managed to appear in the boy's room every morning, ready to wake him up Vongola style.

Whenever Tsuna asked how he always found a way into his room even after he locked both his front door and window before sleeping without him noticing, as well as barricading both once, he just answered, "Because I'm a hitman."

Tsuna never questioned him after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Although, I'm quite impressed Tsuna. A good boss should always wake up early, ready to order his subordinates around. You're getting closer to being Neo Vongola Primo then I thought." Reborn said, flicking his fedora up.

"..."

"Hm? What's wrong? No comeback?"

"..."

"Tsuna?"

"..."

"..Tsuna?"

[ "It's a nice view, isn't it?" ]

...

Cold...

...

It's cold...

...

"...na..?"

...

..Where am I..?

...

"..suna..!"

...

Who..?

...

[ "Greetings, Decimo." ]

...

"..Von..go..la..Primo?"

"Tsuna!"

Smack!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tsuna snapped his eyes wide open as the sensation of pain filled his cheek. Blinking a few times, he found himself face-to-face with his assaulter - Reborn, with one eye covered by his fedora, looking straight at him with confusion and..was that a glimpse of worry in his eyes?

"R-Reborn?" Tsuna brought a hand to his cheek throbbing with pain, still wide-eyed. Reborn's eyes narrowed.

"You suddenly blanked out. What happened?" he questioned, making Tsuna blink a few times before succumbing into thought.

"W-well...I, uh.." Tsuna thought as hard as he could to remember what happened but...

His mind was blank.

"I-I don't remember.."

...

...

...

Smack!

"Ow! Why the heck did you hit me again Reborn!?" Tsuna complained, rubbing his other abused cheek with his opposite hand.

"Standing around dillydallying won't help anything, so just go downstairs and eat breakfast already. Otherwise, I'll steal yours before you even get down there."

"W-wha-! Fine, geez!" Tsuna rubbed his injured cheeks a few times again before grabbing his school bag and shutting the door behind him.

'What exactly was that I wonder?' Reborn mused, pulling his fedora down. 'His face was completely blank just now...and I could of sworn I heard him mutter "Primo" too...'

Reborn pondered for a while before switching Leon back to his chameleon form, the latter crawling back onto his place on his owner's fedora.

'I'm not the type that's just gonna be left in the dark, so I guess I'll be monitoring Tsuna closely today..'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N- One more part relating to the prologue to go and then the main story will begin!