Part 12: Limerence

|| Limerence  

        |||| The state of being infatuated with another person.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I take a seat in the reading room, looking at Butler Kang who is busy arranging the books on the shelves. He folds his sleeves until they meet his elbows. At that moment, I'm shocked to see such a weird colour on both of his hands. A few bruises and bleeding.

I walk towards him, taking the books away from his hands. "What the heck you think you are doing?!" He angrily looks at me.

I put the book down, holding his hands and examining them. "You have been beaten up, right? I know these kinds of bruises. Do these things changed your mood today?" I ask him softly.

"Go, Erin.. Don't ever worried about me. I once told you right about the war. This is just a piece of it but if you still ignore my words.."

"I don't care. I want to take care of all the people that are close to me. Who did this..? Tell me." I cried.

"Erin.. Don't be so stubborn, please. I won't even answer your question.."

"It's Bae Jinyoung, right..?" I ask him curiously.

He hesitates to answer which means that Jinyoung is the one who did that to Butler Kang. I hug him tightly when he decides to stay quiet. "Daniel... I will settle him down by myself. If he lays his hand on you again, just tell me." I tell him confidently.

"Erin.. Are you sure about this? Bae Jinyoung really is not as weak as you expected. I'm afraid he will hurt you too although he loves you."

"Has he ever loves me? I don't even feel that he is." I ask him back. "I'll be back after talking to him about this. Have a rest, your body must've aching a lot." I continue, leaving the library to search for Jinyoung in the game room.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As I enter the game room, Daehwi and Jinyoung focused on playing the pools without having smiles on their faces. I try not to distract them by sitting down quietly on the sofa, watching their games.

"Hyung.. Why won't you let Kyung noona sits next to me? She wanted to do so, can't you just follow her mind?" Daehwi suddenly speaks up as he glanced at me.

"Kyung belongs to me. Why should I let her sit next to you when I know you're using her to take over this house from me." Jinyoung answers.

"Since when she belongs to you? She just your caretaker. You think she will like you with that kind of attitude? Hyung.. Go to mirror yourself. You think I don't know what you did to Daniel hyung this morning?" Daehwi continues.

"Don't.. I know how myself did. Don't try to teach me." Jinyoung defends himself.

"Really? I think when you punched him this morning is wrong tho. Daniel hyung doesn't do anything wrong.."

"He woke Kyung up this morning. I don't want his hands to lay on my Kyung's body. After I punched him, he seems to know what he shouldn't do to Kyung. It's not wrong to fight for what is mine." Jinyoung answers shocked me. I can't stay silent at all.

"Bae Jinyoung... How dare you?" I speak up, standing up from the sofa in anger.

".. Kyung. Since when you're here? Are you eavesdropping?" Jinyoung looks at me seriously but that gazes don't even shake me.

I gather up my courage, slapping his face really hard. His cheek turns red with some prints on it. "Don't you know how important Daniel to me?! He is the one who always helps me to escape from your ridiculous orders. Do you love me? Really? Then, why you once trapped me in a room?! And the one who saves me is Daniel! You never do any good things to me.." I stopped, crying on the ground loudly.

".. Kyung.. I... I have no intention to hurt him actually. It's just.. my anger changes me. Mianhae.." He pats my head, trying to ease me.

I parry his hands from touching my head. "Why must you worsen my life? Why you chose me to be here? If I'm not here, I'll be living happily with my family without even knowing they're not my biological parents. Now... You brought me here and my life doomed. I can't even get out of this mansion, my mom told me I wasn't her daughter and you hurt my only friend that I got here. Are you really that sorry?"

"Kyung, I'm really sorry. I don't even realize I'm the one who punched him that hard.."

As Jinyoung tries to give more excuses, Daehwi consoles me and taking me out of the room calmly. His grips on my arms aren't that tight like how Jinyoung always did. He walks until we reached the garden that I love the most.

"Noona... Don't cry anymore. I'm hurt watching you cry." He wipes some of the tears on my face.

"Daehwi.. Why can't only Baejin appear every time? I like him better than Jinyoung and I already missed him although we spend such a lot of time yesterday." I ask Daehwi who is plucking a fresh lemon on the tree.

"I hate Jinyoung too but when Baejin appears, I feel easy to hang out with him sometimes. So, now we both are thinking the same thing tho." Daehwi answers, take a seat next to me.

After chatting with Daehwi for a while, I feel better. But Butler Kang and the other maids seemed panicked and anxious about something. I try to ask some of the maids but they ignored me and keep on calling 'Young Master Bae' continuously.

What happened right now? Why they all seemed worried and panicked?

T B C