Part 13: Elision

|| Elision

      ||||  a deliberate act of omission

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I grab Butler Kang's hand, stopping him from walking forth and back while calling 'Young Master Bae' a few times. "Daniel.. What's wrong? Why everyone is searching for him?" I ask him to break my curiosity.

"Erin.. He suddenly has gone. I'm afraid that he tried to do something that could harm himself like how he did a few years ago when someone teased him by saying Baejin is better than him. Wait... Did you say something like that to him just now? You met him right?" He grips on my shoulders, looking at me seriously.

"Daniel, I just.. I slapped him for his harsh actions on you this morning. But.. I never compare him with Baejin.." I stopped as I remember something.

"I once talked about that matter with Daehwi but he is not there.. Or maybe he heard our conversation.." I stuttered, trying to figure out the real scene before.

"Erin! Why you did that to him? I don't even want you to slap him. I just want you to talk to him nicely about it." Daniel sighs.

I can't help but feel guilty. "Have you called him? Or does he have any special places that he loves to go?" I start to participate in searching for Jinyoung.

"His phone left at his room but his car is still there. And all of his shoes are fully counted except the house slippers that he wore." He answers in despair.

Bae Jinyoung, if you hear me thinking about you, please come here and answer me. Everyone is looking for you, I thought.

Unfortunately, Jinyoung doesn't appear and answer me like how he always does. I start to feel worried as the guilt covers my anger on him before. My tears can't stop wetting my cheeks.

Am I crying because of him? Why do I say I hate him? Is feeling worried a part of love?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The clock shows 2 PM already. It has been a few hours the maids and I searched for Jinyoung in all rooms in his mansion but he isn't in any of them. I get into his bedroom, opening his phone although I know it is illegal.

I browse through his gallery to see if he kept some pictures of the places that he loves to go. A file of pictures stopped my hand from scrolling down. A file named 'Han River My Healing'. I take a look at each of the pictures that he took in that file.

He really loves that place. Will he be there now?

I put down his phone, running to the front door. I try to pull it to open it until I remembered that he once told me that only he is the one who could open the door. I keep banging on the door, hoping that it would open.

".. Erin, are you trying to escape from here when Jinyoung is gone?" Butler Kang shocks as he saw me in front of the huge front door.

"Daniel... Believes me. He is at Han River right now. Open this door for me please so that I could bring him back here. If you still don't believe in me, follow me to go there." I seriously tell him.

Butler Kang takes out a piece of card and scans it on the left side of the door. "I'll believe in you this time. But please make him comeback home. We can't let the news of him lost know by his father." He smiles, gesturing for me to walk out of the mansion.

I take a deep breath before walking to the nearest roadside to take a taxi. Thankfully, the taxi driver drives as fast as he could when he heard the problems. In just half an hour, we arrived at Han River.

I pay the driver before running out from the door towards the park near the Han River. "Bae Jinyoung!" I screamed loudly a few times, running around searching for him.

"Eomma.. What is that hyung doing there? He looks so brave standing on that stone." I heard a kid who is holding his mother's hand, asking his mother about something.

I take a glance at the thing that he pointed at - Bae Jinyoung? On top of the stone seat nearby the river. I run towards him, taking his hand to stop him from doing silly things.

"Bae Jinyoung.. Stop it. What are you trying to do? Don't you know how worried they're in the mansion?!" I ask him in concern.

"I'm doing what I want.. Don't stop me. I don't deserve to be here." He jiggles my hand away from him, taking off his fluffy house slipper.

"Please.. Stop this. Jinyoung, I'm sorry that I slapped you but I.. I feel lost without you." I uncover the truth.

"You just want Baejin. I shouldn't live as Jinyoung that you hate. It's better if I kill myself at this time so that when Baejin's time comes, he will be the only one who is safe." He lets out a small chuckle.

In just a few seconds, he decides to dive into the deep Han River. I panicked and follow his step to take him out of the river. His body is sinking in the water, closing his eyes tightly. I gather up my strength to pull him up to the land before he drowns.

"Bae Jinyoung.. Please wake up. I'm not hating you that much. I don't want you to die.." I pump on his chests to take out the water from his body towards his mouth.

When he still doesn't budge, the only way to do is by CPR. My lip touches his. It's the first time I kissed him, not getting kissed by him. It feels.. different.

Why my heart beats faster?

T B C