Part 28

After listening to Daniel's explanation about Jinyoung and Baejin, I feel so worried about them. I try to call Jinyoung although I knew he won't pick it up. I circle around the room, waiting for him to answer.

"Yeoboseyo?" A voice answers.

"... Ouh Lyn.." I feel sad as I remembered that she is Jinuoung's fiancee soon.

"Kyung?! Woah.. You know Jinyoung's number! But how? Did he give it to you as an apology?" She asks excitedly.

".. Someone.. Someone gave it to me. I just want to talk to him for a while." I stutter.

"But he is taking a nap now. I'm not sure if it's okay to wake him up..."

".. Just let him rest. I'm the one who calls on wrong time. Mianhae.." I quickly hang up the call.

Why am I so anxious? Everything's gonna be alright, isn't it?

Daniel who is still in my room playing with his mobile game, takes a look at me. He approaches me and hugs me from behind. "Baejin will be fine.. Do you want me to set you up with him at 6:00PM?"

"Can I..? I really want to see how Baejin is doing now." I sadly comment.

Daniel ruffles my hair, gives a peck on my head. "You still haven't change, Erin. I'm scared that you will still love three of us." He chuckles.

.. He is talking the truth. What if I still be the same? Will I keep running away?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

10 minutes before the clock struck 6:00 O'clock. I wait for Baejin to meet me at the pool. I dip my feet into the pool, splashing them nervously. Will he remember me? I hope he won't disappear.

I check the clock at my phone. It's 6:00 but where is he. I take a look around, searching for him. Luckily, there he is walking towards me with Hawaiian style T-shirt and swimming trunks. He hides the upper of his face using the modern straw hat but I could still recognize his features.

I get up from the side of the pool, nervously smiling at him. I wave my hand but weirdly he doesn't wave at me back. Can't he see me?

"Baejin!" I happily call him but he just walks towards me without any happy vibe like he used to be like before.

He takes off his hat as he is standing right in front of me. He stares at me with cold eyes like how Jinyoung did to me in the afternoon. "Heol.. An important person, huh? Butler Kang lied to me. Since when he dares to lie to me?" I heard him talking to himself.

".. Wae? Why you're here?" I ask him in confusion.

"I just woke up from my nap and you asked me why I'm here? Yah! You think I also want to see you.."

"Where is Baejin?... Tell me." I stutter as my eyes already pooling with tears.

"Who? Ah.. You think you can call me with that foolish nickname that you made? Aren't you still conscious of who I am?" He snickers.

"This is not true.. It's 6:00PM! And why you're here instead of Baejin?! Isn't it enough that you embarrassed me in front of others?! Why can't you change to Baejin now?! I need him!" I tug on his shirt, wailing like crazy.

"Yah! Hands off! This is violence." He raises his voice.

I stop wailing as I stay grabbing the hem of his shirt, crying silently. He pulls me away from him. "Guards, please take her. I don't know her. I think she is crazy woman. Geez." He walks away after saying those things aloud.

Two guards are holding both of my arms, stopping me from going to somewhere else. They decide to take me out of the hotel until Daniel comes to help me. He explains everything to the guards and apologizing for his doings. He takes me to my room while comforting me.

"We have arrived, Erin.." Daniel tells me softly.

"Daniel... He isn't there." I cried again.

"Maybe not today, Erin. Don't lose hope. Let's see for tomorrow. Who knows he comes late? He always wants to give you surprise, right?" He smiles innocently.

"Daniel.. May I have time alone?" I tell him, still sobbing.

He nods and leaves my room right away. I lock the door and switch off all the lights. I lie down on the carpeted floor, drawing something using my bare hand.

".. If you're still inside of him, please come out and hug me. I really need you. Jinyoung treated me badly nowadays. But if you've go far away.. I have no choice but to be with you, right?" I talk by myself.

".. Why I want to do that? Jinyoung have someone already to accompany his life and he hates me now. Daniel is too kind for me until I burden him a lot. Kuanlin always tries to defend me until he got scolded by Jinyoung." I continue.

"I made everyone's life become a mess. Ahaha... I wish I have my own parents but they left me together with my surrogate family. What a miserable life... Why should I still be here if I'm nothing?" I cried loudly.

I heard a few knocks on the door but I won't budge. "Yah! Erin! Gwaenchana?! What happened?!" Daniel shouts from outside, banging the door for a few times.

I unlock the door, shedding all my tears. Daniel barges in and hugs me tightly. "Don't do something dangerous! I'm worried about you!"

And I made him worried about me again. When would this thing ends? Or should I end it with my scarification?

T B C