Chapter Fourteen: The Discovery

Bren's POV

It was a rough night for all of us. Tyson seemed fine as well as my brothers. Becca woke up screaming twice during the night. I felt horrible for her. Tyson was going to be taken to the daycare by my father on the way to work. He passes it on his way there. We transferred the car seat from Becca's car to my dad's. "Thank you Mr. Sanders for taking Tyson to daycare. It really means a lot to me, sir," Becca said with a friendly smile. He smiled back.

"Of course Rebecca. Please, call me David, Rebecca," he said to her politely. She softly blushed. She nodded and then grabbed her school bag. "Bren, are two riding together to school?"

"Yes, dad. It would work out better that way," I said to dad. He nodded, giving this curious look at the two of us. My heart started to race slightly. Was he starting to find out about us?

***

We got home from school after getting Tyson. We stopped at my dad's work to get the car seat. When we walked into the house, Evan and Tyler were sitting at the kitchen table doing their homework. They saw Tyson and smiled. "Hey buddy," Evan greeted. Tyson laughed and ran over to them. I swear, Tyson, Evan, and Tyler were meant to become friends. The three of them get along so well as if they've known each other since Tyson was born. They acted like brothers. I found it cute.

"Do you mind if Tyson stays down here when Becca and I do our homework upstairs," I asked them. They shook their heads and I smiled. Becca and I raced up the stairs. We went into my room and started our homework.

3 hours later

"Bren! Rebecca! Get down here! It's time for dinner," Rose screamed. Ugh, I sat up from laying on my bed next to Becca. She sighed and forced herself up. She looked exhausted. Like completely exhausted. I took her hand in mine. She looked at me with a soft smile.

We sat down at the table and ate our food quietly. Dad was eyeing us again from across the table. "Bren, is there something we should know about between you two?" We froze and our hearts pounded furiously in our chests. Oh shit, here we go. What would we say? Oh god, I'm screwed if they find out that I'm dating Becca. I would be scolded and screamed at like no tomorrow. My mouth went dry. A cold sweat coated my forehead. Evan and Tyler saw how nervous Becca and I were about answering dad's question.

"No, why do you ask," I answered back. He cocked an eyebrow at us.

"You two have been acting weird with each other. I noticed that last night. Are you telling us the truth?" Dad was sure getting nosy. Why would he take notice let alone care if Becca and I were an item? It's not like he's cared about who I've dated in the past. We remained silent again. "Bren," dad growled my name in frustration. He knew that I was lying. Shit.

"Fine! You caught us dad! I'm dating a girl," I shouted. He dropped his fork. He stood up and stormed over to me. SMACK! His flat hand struck my face. I placed a hand on my cheek where he hit me. "What was that for?"

"No daughter of mine is going to fall in love with another girl! Do you hear me?! Now, go pack your things," dad's voice boomed.

"Excuse me," I snapped back.

"You heard me. Pack your things. You're getting out of my house tonight!" I couldn't believe it. Dad was throwing me out of the house just because I'm dating Becca. I stood up, not even bothering on clearing my plate, and stormed upstairs. Becca did the same. She wasn't going to let me go alone. I just know it.

I grabbed every suitcase and bag that was in my room. I was glad to get out of this house. I can finally get away from the bitch. I was packing EVERYTHING that I could. "Bren," a soft voice called. I turned around to find Becca standing in my doorway. I just kept a straight face. Without saying a word to her, I continued packing. She placed her hand on my shoulder which made me stop what I was doing. I looked at her in the eyes.

"Becca, I'm so stupid. I'm sorry you had to see that. I just don-"

"Bren, take me with you," she said. What did she say?

"Becca, I'm not sure that's a good idea. I'm not going back to school. I'm not coming back here. Not ever," I told her.

"I don't care about that Bren. Take me with you. Tyson, you, and I can live in an apartment somewhere and start fresh. We need that," she spoke softly. Was she actually serious about this? I know that I was being serious on this matter? "I know someone who owes me a favor and he can get us a place," she said.

"Are you sure you want to do this? If you do, there's no turning back Becca," I said in a serious tone. She nodded her head. I smiled softly and hugged her tightly. She hugged me back and kissed me on the cheek. I blushed and brushed my hair out of my face. "Go get your things together. We'll go to your place to get more of your things that you'd need."

"Bren, what about money?" I smiled more.

"That is all taken care of sweetie. All I need to do is to take some money out of my bank account and we'd be off," I said.

"That sounds good. We're going to need to close our accounts though Bren. Let's stay at my place for the night and take care of that in the morning," she suggested. I nodded my head at the idea. She rushed off to the guest bedroom to collect her things and I resumed packing mine. It felt good actually to get out of this house. I can finally start a new life. Tomorrow is the beginning of a new chapter in my life.