Chapter Twenty: Taken

Becca's POV

Everything was black. I could feel the vibrations of a moving car rumbling beneath me. My hands were bound by duct tape I think as well as my ankles. Who the fuck grabbed me? I screamed but it was muffled. A bag was over my head and cloth was stuffed into my mouth. The classic abduction. Not really fancy or creative. I slammed my head on something when the vehicle rushed over a bump in the road. Ow, that's going to hurt later and possibly bruise. Where's Bren? Where am I? I started panicking and slammed my tied fists to the trunk of the car. Lovely, I'm locked in someone's trunk. This is just perfect. The exact day I get back from my honeymoon, I get abducted by some lunatic.

Then the car stopped, the engine getting killed by the turn of the key. The trunk popped open and the car door shut, not slammed. Manly hands grabbed me and carried me bridal style somewhere. I struggled to break free of my bonds but was unsuccessful. The person, I'm assuming a man, squeezed me tightly against his body to have me cease my squirming. It hurt and I wanted to cry. I haven't been in this much pain since the day my dad abused and raped me. Whoever took me placed me in a chair. Okay, at least I'm sitting down instead of being an armadillo in this guy's car trunk. The bag was pulled off of my head dramatically like a magician unveiling a rabbit in a top hat. He pulled the cloth from my mouth. It felt so good to get that dry rag out of my mouth. I looked up to see my captor's face but I only got blinded by a light shining down directly on me. I slammed my eyelids shut to block the light out as much as possible. The man chuckled and slapped me across the face. I whimpered and tried to hide my face. Unfortunately, it didn't work out as planned. He just kept slapping me over and over across my face. It wasn't long before all I could feel was tingling crawling under my skin. What the hell did I do to piss this guy off? "Stop your damn whimpering child," he scolded. That's when I realized who he was. You got to be fucking kidding me. How did he find me?

"Dad, how the hell did you find me," I demanded. He just laughed. This wasn't funny one bit. I needed to know how.

"I followed the two boys that are Bren's brothers apparently here," he stated with a clever smirk. Great, this is just perfect. Then my heart stopped. Tyson. Fuck! There's no way I'm letting this monster near him. Bren, Evan, and Tyler wouldn't allow it to happen. I would rather give my life to protect my brother. He doesn't need to have this man back in his life after what he's done. I struggled with my bonds and he just punched me in the jaw. Jesus, you don't need to abuse me again. "Don't try to get out of your bonds. If you do, I'll shot you," he threatened. I held my breath in fear and complete shock. What happened to him while he was in prison? Well, I know that prison can change a man but I didn't think it was meant literally. He's gone insane!

"What are you going to do to me this time bastard? Rape me again? Beat the living shit out of me? Make me tell you information?" He laughed more and louder. I sighed and rolled my eyes. He took out a handgun. A Colt M1911 pistol to be exact. I only know that because of the security guards at the important occasions where celebrities meet. How did he get that? He just pointed it at me. He stepped to the side and I say a video camera on a tripod. You've got to be kidding me. He's going to be putting out a ransom for my return. That sick and twisted bastard!

"No, I'm going to make your life a living hell by making you suffer on video. I'm going to have someone pay for your return and then I'll be gone," he hissed as he hit the record button on the camera. It was a live feed to his laptop stationed only feet away from where he stood at this moment on a table.

"Rebecca Swan, are you worth anything to anyone? You're going to pay for what you've done," he stated fiercely. I knew that the police and everyone in the city was getting this broad-casted to them. I just know it. I had tears falling from my eyes. Tyson, Bren, Evan, Tyler, and everyone else I care about gets to see me get tortured by my old man. This isn't fair. Bren is going to be heartbroken. Seeing her wife tortured just for money. "I'm giving everyone one hour to pay $1 million dollars for her safe return. If it's not met by that time, I will start firing my gun."

I gulped loudly as I realized that he wasn't bluffing. "Do you want proof that I'm not bluffing," he questioned into the camera. He readied his gun and fired. The bullet grazed my arm, missing the major arteries. I sighed with relief about that. I winced and bit my lip as I tried not to scream in pain. He's going to keep doing this until he gets his money. I just know it.

Then my phone began to ring. Dad picked it up and answered it. I could hear her voice. Bren was crying and begging into the phone. "I'll pay you the money. Just please don't harm her," she cried. Dad just laughed.

"You better meet my deadline or I will shoot her," he threatened. Then he hung up the phone. He smiled at me eerily. This was not going to end well. I just know it.

***

1 hour later

Bren had called my phone to know the place where to drop off the money. My dad told her where. Right where we were. "Please Bren, bring help with you," I mumbled to myself. I didn't want my dad to hear me. He was pacing nervously, gun still in hand, as we both waited for Bren to arrive with the money. A loud banging came from the metal door. Dad trudged over to it and opened it. There was Bren, standing there with a brief case full of the ransom money. She saw me, sitting helplessly and bound in the chair. My face was bruised from him punching me and hitting me with the gun. I had to spit out blood collecting my mouth on several occasions. It was quite disgusting but it was better than swallowing it.

She cautiously walked in, coming towards me with the brief case still in hand. Fear was in her eyes. They were even red from the endless crying. "Put the case on the table. NOW," dad shouted. Bren flinched and did as he asked. I saw that he was pointing his gun directly at her. No, he better not. He lowered it and walked over to me, holding an army knife. Shit, please tell me you're not going to stab me. I shut my eyes, hoping for the better outcome. I felt my bonds break free. I couldn't believe it. He was actually letting me go. I pulled the tape off of me and ran right into Bren's arms. I cried with joy when I was back in her embrace. I wasn't sure if I was going to survive this entire thing.

"Is Tyson safe," I asked her in a whisper.

"Yes, he is. I had Audrey take him. We didn't want him freaking out. She had to go pick him and Aiden up from school before it got out when the video was broadcasting. We didn't want to take the chance," she answered back also in a whisper. I sighed with relief and I just held her tight. She was calming me down. Then the unexpected happened. The gun went off. A sharp pain flooded through my body. It was like a wave crashing down on me after not making the escape from the giant wave from surfing. I slowly began to collapse. "NO! BECCA," Bren cried. I couldn't feel anything. Was I shot? I must have been. Then the police barged in. They arrested my dad and the paramedics came to my aid. I'm not sure if I was going to make it. They rushed me off to the hospital and Bren rode with me. I had an oxygen mask on my face. My eyes were starting to close. My vision was getting blurry and dark. I was fading.

"Hang on, Rebecca. We're almost there," a woman spoke. I wasn't sure if I was going to make it. I really didn't. Then I let my eyes close. The last thing I heard was Bren's voice.

"Don't give up on me now Becca. You're going to make it," she said.

***

I woke up feeling extrememly weak. Bren was sitting by my bedside with tears crawling down her face. Is something wrong? Tyson, Billie, Evan, Tyler, Audrey, Aiden, and Kyle were all in my room. Tears were falling down slowly like rain drops on a window. The heart monitor was beeping very slowly. Now I know what's happening. I'm dying. That's why everyone is crying. "Hey," Bren said softly. I slowly smiled, using all of the strength I have left to make the effort to make that smile.

"Hey," I spoke very weakily. Bren kissed my hand. Tyson came over and kissed my forehead. Then everyone began saying their goodbyes. "I love you all. Thank you for all of your support over the years. It me-e-e-ans a lo-o-o-t. Bren, take c-c-a-a-re-e-e o-o-o-f Ty-y-ys-o-on. He's g-going to n-need y-y-ou-u-u." Bren cried harder and harder. She saw me slipping away. We were only married for a week and I'm already going to die before I can spend the rest of my life with her. She kissed me one last time. That was the last thing I ever felt. I flat lined just after that kiss.