Chapter 42

Chapter 42

"You'll prick me?" I asked him in confusion.

I'm already pricked by him and it took time before I realized and understood my real feelings for him, making it very difficult for all of us.

If I just realized sooner, siguro hindi nag-away ang mga mommy namin. Siguro hindi ko lubos nasaktan kay Ahmed.

Wala na sigurong mas nadamay na tao. Tipid akong sumulyap kay Troy na siyang kausap na ni Ahmed.

"Of course, in so many ways." He grinned.

"But I'm already pricked, Triton." Nagtatakang sagot ko.

Tumikhim siya at ngumisi bago niya itinuro ang tapat ng kanyang puso.

"Here, I'll prick you every day here. So everyday you'll fall in love with me." Ngumiti ako sa sinabi niya.

We're both holding each other's hand while waiting for another beat of the music.

Wala sa sarili akong muling lumingon sa direksyon ni Ahmed at Troy na may sarili nang mga mundo.

"Euphie, look at me. What are you thinking?"

"Nothing," sagot ko sa kanya.

Hindi man sabihin ng mga tao sa akin, I know that I am partly liable for the things have happened to Ahmed.

And I am very sorry for that.

I tried hard to mature, to overcome my incompleteness but it's hard to accept that I needed to cause pain to others before I learn, before I realize something.

Nasaktan ko muna si Triton, si Ahmed, our family and even our friends. Pananakit na hindi ko kailaman pinangarap gawin sa mga taong mahal mo.

When we heard another hum of the song, Triton and I started moving. Barefooted on the sand together with him, the harmony given by a natural music coming from the combinations of native musical instrument made the place so intimate.

Sumabay ang kalmadong hampas ng mga alon, liwanag ng buwan na sumasalamin dito, aninong likha ng apoy na isinisayaw ng banayad na hangin at musikang parang yumayakap sa buong paligid.

The crowd went on silence as their eyes witness a union of fire dance that symbolize a fresh love.

Triton and I made a few steps forward before he released my hands. The female dancers with veil on their faces were now standing in circled around the dancing fire, while the male dancers were facing us.

The thin cloth covering my whole face didn't even had the power to hide the kind of stares that Triton Octavious Montgomery had been giving me as the ritual dance started.

He's staring me lovingly with his tender eyes with gilt of dancing fires reflecting like a crystals.

"Triton.." I can't help but to call his name.

My heart hammered so fast, my breath is now having a hard time and my knees were shaking as his gazes continued to dart beyond my soul.

Na parang nakikita na ng kanyang mga mata ang mabilis na pagtibok ng puso ko.

And just like a mighty prince, Triton just made a royal vow in front of me. Sabay-sabay yumuko ang mga kalalakihang nakapalibot sa aming mga kababaihan.

I felt a sudden goosebumps as I Iooked to Triton with his prince like gesture. I've been a fan, a girl dreaming to have her own kind of prince, a girl wishing to see a white horse and a royalty that might pick me up for his castle.