Chapter 50

Chapter 50

Buong akala ko magiging maayos ang lahat. Pagkatapos ng apat na taon ay tuluyan nang mabubura ang problemang iniiwasan ko noon pa man.

But running away and coming back to something I wasn't even tried to solve before was never been a good solution.

Instead of properly extinguishing the bomb, I just hid it somewhere, very far but no matter how far I tried to keep it, the explosion will always have an effect on me.

What are we? Sinong naloko? Sino ang nagpaloko? Was that really the question?

Or should I properly ask, how did we fool ourselves? Why did we fool each other? Why did we pretend fool like we know nothing?

I remained seated on Triton's bed while leaning on its headboard. Nanatili rin nakaupo si Triton sa kama at hindi man lang nito inaalis ang mga titig niya sa akin.

"You said that you'll never look for me. What now Triton? What now?"

"Why did you leave me Euphie?"

Bakit kailangan niya pa itong itanong sa akin?

"Uuwi na ako Triton, we're already settled. Ayoko na nang gulo."

I was about to get down on his bed when he abruptly pulled my hand to stop me.

"Euphie—" I tried to pull myself but his grip went tight.

Muling tumulo ang luha ko habang pilit kong inaagaw ang kamay ko sa kanya.

"You will never look for me, right? Right? Bitawan mo na ako Triton!"

"Binabawi ko na! Tang-ina binabawi ko na Euphie! Mag-usap tayo!"

"How can I even talk to you?! You compared me to your sister! Someone who ruined our life! Someone who had a soul to sell her own blood! Someone who stole our innocence!" I shouted in tears.

Bumalik ang sakit ng mga salita niya nang araw na 'yon. How dare him for comparing me to the woman he didn't even value the lives of the innocent kids just for money? Someone who didn't even value companionship just for money?

"Because just like her! You want out of my life, gusto mo akong iwan katulad niya! I sacrificed all! I fucking embrace the damn agency for her because she's my sister! But she chose to leave, to leave me hanging in that hell like agency! She planned to leave me in the mess! Even our damn family! And you just did the same thing Euphie! I've been covering you up for my entire life! My agency's been hunting you down! But all I want was you to stay—be with me as I tried to fight and stand about your innocence from the case but you chose to leave me! Iniwan mo akong mag-isa Euphie!" I never expected that Triton will blow this everything up.

So I was right, the other agencies involved were looking for me. For the possible culprit for Ate Trina's death. And again, I was right. May iniwan siyang bagay—and it was possible that the culprit had this thing that the agencies been looking for.

But what was that?

"Or you actually just used me? Katulad ka rin ni Ate Trina? Dahil ba sunod-sunod na akong naaaksidente noon? Dahil ba nararamdaman mong malapit na ang mga taong humahabol sa'yo noon and then you considered me useless? Dahil hindi na kita maitago?" My heart sank with his words.

Kusa nang nag-init ang kamay ko at sa unang pagkakataon matapos ang apat na taon muling tumama ang palad ko sa pisngi ni Triton.

"How dare you?! I leave you because I want you to stop covering me! Those people! Those people who tried to hurt you were from your own agency right?! Triton wake up, we can't save each other because we're in different agencies! Umalis ako dahil alam kong natutunugan ka na nang ibang kasamahan mo!"