(24) The Morning After

Around eleven in the morning, while the rest of the house was still asleep and the sun shone through all of Theo's windows to tell of the warmth of a mid-September day, Theo rolled over in bed and curled up against Makennah's side, laying his head on her belly.

"My head kills," he groaned.

Makennah snuggled into her pillow - er, his pillow - and sealed her eyes shut tight. Not yet. She didn't want to fully awaken yet.

"You're seventeen years old. You're way too young for a hangover."

Theo squeezes her sides and she kicked him away. Reluctantly, Theo sat up in bed and hung his legs over his side of the mattress. "Well I was fine until I started having mixed drinks because of this hot bartender."

"She pleads the fifth," Makennah mumbled.

Theo chuckled, pulled a bottle of pills out of his bed side table drawer and tossed three into the back of his mouth as well as a swig of water. "She's still guilty."

"To clarify, I never made you do anything. You asked for a drink."

The bed shifted in the absence of his weight as he padded off to the bathroom. "Whatever. Let's get out of here before anyone else wakes up."

When Theo returned after Makennah braided her hair back, cleaned off her face with a make up wipe and brushed her teeth in the bathroom down the hall, Theo exited the bathroom. Wearing glasses.

Makennah burst out laughing. "Aww, wittle four eyed Theo."

He readjusted his glasses and tugged on her braid. "Shut up. My contacts make a hangover worse."

She shoved him away. "What a cute little nerd."

Theo sought after her and tickled her sides. She almost screamed in laughter until he sealed a hand over her mouth. "Shh," He shushed, fighting back laughter himself. "If you keep making fun of me, you won't get any breakfast."

"What's for breakfast?" She asked, keeping her voice low. She comfortably stood in his space, their arms brushing up against one another, whispers of touches and secrets untold. The entire mystery surrounding their growing connection only made it burn faster. It was incredibly fun and equally as attractive hiding out in his room, whispering so no one would overhear, sharing glances and laughter and touches when no one was looking.

"Whatever you want," he whispered, looking down at her through his glasses.

Her heart fluttered at his undivided attention. His statement seemed to cover more than just breakfast.

"Pancakes?" Makennah asked.

"Definitely," he whispered back, dragging her out the door and down the stairs.

"Bacon?"

"And sausage," he promised, walking in bare feet through the foyer into the marvelous great room with a huge kitchen with marble top counters and a giant kitchen island that overlooked the living room and a small den area as well as a dining table made for a king.

"What about eggs?"

"However you'll take them," he said.

"Waffles?"

Instantly, Theo crossed the kitchen to the fridge and poured two glasses of water. He handed one to her. She gulped it down, quenching the alcohol-induced thirst.

"Waffles and pancakes?" He sneered. "That's a little greedy."

She shrugged. "Alright I'll let you decide."