(42) The Prom Queen

To their benefit, Cassandra and Matt ended up dancing near and with her friend group which meant that Theo and Makennah were free to dance with her friends. And that meant grinding. Lots and lots of grinding.

Sweaty but super hot grinding.

Bounce that booty on the floor
Shake til you get a little sore
Show em, yo momma made a hoe
Get ahead and get a little slow
Shake that booty in the car
Shake that booty in the store

Makennah and all of her friends yelled out "Pop it, stop it, drop it, pop it." Her hips moved with the prescribed lyrics and Theo kept up behind her.

All of the kids on the floor were getting dirty and nasty grinding, practically having sex. Even Meredith and Nick were getting a little handsy beyond a little bump and grindin'. Theo and Makennah had their moments but overall enjoyed dancing together, moving their hips together, showing off their stellar dance moves and having fun while singing all the lyrics.

Makennah grinded to the side and Theo followed, leaning on their left leg and popping it back. Theo threw his arms up in the air. Makennah swung her arms to the beat with him while focusing on her hips.

The song changed into a slow dance. The couples paired up - face to face, arms around necks, hands on hips. Theo grabbed Makennah by her wrist and spun her around and tucked her under his arm. Instead of preparing for the slow dance, Theo escorted Makennah out of the room towards the hallway. Bending his head, he whispered in her ear, "I'm thirsty. You want anything?"

"A water," she responded. "I'm gonna use the restroom."

She detached from his hip and circled through the hallway surrounding the ballroom and located the restrooms. Surprisingly, her make up was faring well with all of the hot air, sweating, and dancing. Plus, her hair remained firmly curled, tucked, and pinned to her head. Carolynn hired magical masterminds.

As much as she loved this dress, she was looking forward to ditching it and changing into something more comfortable for the after-party taking place at someone's house in a faraway suburb where they were likely not to get in trouble by the police. Everyone was talking about it as much as they gossiped about the dance and who was taking who.

Cleaning her hands and drying them on a paper towel, Makennah grinned just thinking of being back in Theo's arms. She wished she could say she hadn't been all over him but she was. She totally was. The best part was that he seemed to share all of her same feelings. He couldn't keep his hands to himself either. He smiled at her every time he saw her. His gaze dropped to her lips more than once like he was thinking about kissing her. It charmed her socks off, and she terribly wanted to kiss him just as badly.

As she exited the restroom and made her way to the drink station manned by teacher chaperones to ensure no one spiked the punch, Makennah straightened her sash and tugged her skirt down.

As she lifted her head and rounded the corner, Makennah's blood ran ice cold and she stopped dead in her tracks. With two drinks in his hands, Theo was slightly bent over with his lips plastered to Rebekah Allensby's mouth.

Before she could even see anymore, Makennah tucked tail and ran like a scared puppy dog. Without a clear vision in mind, Makennah raced for the parking lot and shouldered the front door wide open. The crisp night air chilled her skin instantly.

She grappled with the sash, trying to rip it off because her chest felt tight. Her lungs constricted but no air filtered inside. Her body begged for oxygen.

How could he?

The logical part of her mind argued with the emotional. Rebekah was beautiful, strikingly beautiful. They had history. Maybe he missed her. Maybe they had been talking to each other this entire time.