(49) Gooey Ooey

Hello, all! So I'm doing something a little bit different with this chapter in honor of reaching 5,000 reads!

I decided to write this chapter from Theo's point of view. I hope you all enjoy and let me know if you would like another chapter from Theo!

Thanks, and happy reading!
———————————————————

Theo treaded up the stairs, regretting making this decision but also knowing it was for the best.

Makennah deserved the best.

At the top of the stairs in the Sinclair household which felt like a second home to him, Theo peeked around the corner up the stairs to the attic where Makennah's room was. Unsurprisingly, the dim blue television light flashed underneath the door. Specifically, he hadn't texted her before he came over because he wasn't there to hang out with her.

Just before he was about to knock on the door and enter Matt's room, Makennah's door flew open and she hopped down their stairs.

The second he saw her, his mouth instantly and irresistibly lifted into an uncontrollable smile that he felt down in his heart and soul. Realizing that someone blocked her path in the hallway, Makennah raised her head and made eye contact with him. She returned his smile, slowing her steps and jumping off the bottom stair onto the verandah where he stood.

"Hi, what are you doing here?" She asked, tucking her blond hair behind her ears how she always did.

For a second, Theo froze in place, taking in the sight of her. She was so beautiful and she didn't even know it. Her natural beauty radiated from within. Although he just saw her at school that day, he missed the captivating view of her. He could watch her blond wavy hair swing over her shoulders and back all day long. He could stare into those beautiful eyes and watch them sparkle when she laughed. He could imagine himself kissing her endlessly, an urge he would eventually give into.

Theo realized that he was staring, caught up in her beauty, cleared his throat. "Um, I'm just here to see Matt. We're hanging out tonight."

Makennah licked her lips and unknowingly drew his attention down to her bubblegum pink kissable lips and once again he was thinking of locking lips with her. She was way too damn distracting. "Oh, that sounds fun. I didn't know you were coming over."

Of it's own accord, his hand raised to finger her hair. Her gaze cast downward shyly how she sometimes did whenever he touched her. Seeing her reminded him exactly of why he was doing what he was doing. "I'll talk to you later, okay?" He whispered for he didn't want Matt to overhear their conversation in the hallway.

She nodded. "I'm just going to get some popcorn. You guys want anything?"

Better that she not interrupt. "No, but thank you." Quickly, Theo glanced over his shoulder towards Matt's closed bedroom door. Brazenly, Theo curled his hand behind her neck, drew her into his arms, and laid a heavy quick kiss on her plump lips. A little dazed, Makennah giggled, eyes closed, glowing from the aftermath of their kiss.

That was all it took to cheer him up. He wanted to see her smile like that after every single kiss every single day in public and in private. She deserved to be kissed publicly. Often.

"Snacks," she whispered, sighing against his chest.

"Snacks," he repeated. "Go. Oh!" He stopped her with a hand on her arm. "Breakfast tomorrow?"

Makennah quirked her head. "Breakfast? Are you sure?" What she meant was...how would they get away with that?

Well he was about to take care of that. "Just say yes." He smirked and tried to charm her with his good looks. It usually worked.