(50) 859 miles, 12 Hours 19 Minutes

As much as her thriving independence told her not to, Makennah texted Carolynn early that morning and informed her that Theo and she were going to breakfast. Considering all of the events that inevitably made Carolynn and Will mad at her, she figured it best not to continue down that path.

Carolynn responded with a simple text telling her to have fun and be safe. Overall, she couldn't complain about the Sinclair's parenting or their rules. Still, Makennah was able to basically do what she wanted within the confines of their morals.

Although she never applied makeup on a Saturday, Makennah woke up a few minutes early to put on some foundation, blush, and mascara. Her hair was still wavy from the day before, so she just brushed it and freshened it up.

With the impending cold weather, Makennah dressed warmly in skinny jeans, wool socks, a sweater, and Sperry boots. She hurried downstairs before Theo arrived to grab her coat, cream hat with a Pom Pom on top, and black gloves.

What she wasn't expecting was Theo to already be standing at the bottom of the stairs chatting with Will who casually sipped his morning tea and assessed Theo through his glasses. More surprising than that was the fact that Theo was wearing his prescription glasses too instead of his contacts. Ig was so adorable that she paused on the steps to just drink in the sight of him.

"Good morning," Will greeted. She didn't even know Will knew about their breakfast date.

"Hey," she said to both of them.

"Ready?" Theo asked.

"Breakfast?" Will asked. "Where?"

"Rosie's Diner," Theo answered.

Makennah dressed in her winter gear hastily. She felt supremely uncomfortable having both of these men in the same room together as if it were a super important date that Will needed to supervise.

"Nice place," Will said. "Drive safe, okay?"

Straightening her hat, Makennah opened the door and tried to rush Theo outside. "We will be. See ya!"

She was so close to slamming the door behind them but Will stopped her with a hand on the door. He tugged it wide open. Both of them stood on the porch steps glancing back at Will to see what he had to say. "Theo."

"Yes, sir?" He asked with raised eyebrows, unsure what to suspect.

Will frowned deeply. "No funny business. Keep your hands to yourself," he commanded sternly.

Theo saluted Will in all seriousness. "Yes, sir."

"Will!" Makennah slapped her hands over her face to cover her eyes. She was mortified. That did not need to happen!!

"Hey I'm your...that's my job. See ya, kids!" Will closed the door suddenly and left them alone.

Theo cracked up laughing and trudged through inches of pristine white snow to his Lexus in the driveway.

"Not funny!" At the same time that she fought off the nerves of uncomfortableness, her heart warmed at Will's protectiveness. She knew what he was about to say...Will was her protector. Her watchmen. The person who was supposed to keep her safe.

Like a father.

She was embarrassed.

But she kind of liked it.

"He's just playing the dad role. He's never had a girl in the house before."

"It's no different than a guy! There shouldn't be different standards!"

Theo circled the Lexus and opened the door for her. He smiled sweetly and helped her inside. "But there are. Because he knows I'll try to get in your pants."