77 | Funeral

80k reads thank you so much 😊
Also wassup, I'm back✌🏼
__________

It's been a week since Darnell died.

Zendaya being Zendaya had put herself in the position to organise the entire funeral and it wasn't going well. Of course Darnell's family helped but she insisted she did this for him.

As she and Tom sat in the car on the way to the church, Zendaya couldn't help but think about things going wrong. She looked out the window at the country side, biting her lip to stop the tears coming.

"Come here love..." Tom looped his arm around Zendayas shoulders but she shook her head.
"I'm gonna ruin your suit" she laughed and wiped her tears away.

"I don't care" Tom whispered and kissed the side of her head, "What are you thinking about"Zendaya sniffed and eventually gave in, resting her head on Toms shoulder

Zendaya sniffed and eventually gave in, resting her head on Toms shoulder.

"What if something goes wrong" she whispered as she fiddled with Toms sleeve.
He sighed and rested the bridge of his nose on her head.

Zendaya felt Tom squeeze her side as he placed his hand on her thigh.
"Everything is going to be fine...you did an amazing job"

Zendaya smiled and closed her eyes for the rest of the trip.

-

Zendaya was woken just a few minutes later by the car pulling up at the church.
"Is this it?" She heard Jacob ask as he pulled into a car spot.

Zendaya nodded and lifted her head from Toms shoulder. She smiled as he gently peppered her cheek with kisses.
"Y'all are disgusting" Harrison muttered and jumped out of the car followed by Tom who then ran around to help Zendaya out.

Tom opened the door for her and Zendaya wrapped her hand around his arm as she stepped out.
"You alright..." Tom whispered as she set both feet on the ground, Zendaya nodded and shuffled closer to him as they began to walk.

"You look stunning by the way"

"You've got to be kidding me..." Zendaya hissed and Tom frowned thinking it was directed at him.
"What..." Tom looked in the direction she was looking and his face grew hot with anger.