Chapter 12- "A Clash and a Crash"

After putting the healed Pokeball's back into my bag, my first instinct is to find the dock. Nurse Joy has told me that a ship would be heading straight to Slateport City, and from the there, I should head to Mauville, where the nearest Gym is. And where Runner is. I wonder how he's doing. He ran off to find his father, I hope he found him.

I reach the dock at the edge of Dewford. Nurse Joy the boat to Slateport was Boat 5. I see the boat and people boarding on. So, I follow them.

I board the ship and not five minutes later, the ship leaves the dock and sails into the light waves of the ocean. 

I look around and see all the people around me. I notice that everyone has their Pokemon out of their Pokeballs'. I pull out the Pokedex and scan the wide variety of Pokemon around. It was all here; Golbats, Mightyenas, Brelooms, Spirtzees, Feeroseeds, and so many more. Their trainers were smiling happily as they play with their Pokemon.

Seeing this, I decide to let my own Pokemon enjoy the experience. I throw up Shuppet and Sableye's Pokeballs, and they burst out of the balls. Shuppet grins when she catches the first glimpse of me, but Sableye just seems to be dazed by the sudden exposure to the sunlight. 

Shuppet flies towards me and gives me a great big hug. "Well," I chuckle. "You seem to be completely healthy!" I look to Sableye who finally got used to the bright light. I kneel down and smile at him. "You did really good out there, Sableye." I feel a small, yet savage nudge come from Shuppet. I look back to her and she looks away in disgust. I laugh and say, "Don't worry, Shuppet. You did great out there, too." Shuppet sighs and comes around, while I give her a pat on the head. 

"Hey! Mommy! Look at that!" I turn around and see a young boy running to the railing, his tired mother, desperately trying to catch up. The boy climbs the railing and points out at sea. The mother takes a deep breath and barely manages to say, "Be...careful honey..."

I stand up and look over the railing myself, to see what was causing all the commotion. Out at sea, a sight that makes my jaw-drop is seen. There it is, an abandoned ship lying on it's side with a large hole blasted in it's bottom. On the shore of a vacant island it lays, while the waves lightly toss at the destroyed ship. 

How I wish we could stop and see take a closer look at the ship, but sadly, our ship continues to trek along it's course. I look down to Sableye and Shuppet. Shuppet flies up to eye-level. I shrug. "Maybe we can see it another time."

Soon enough, the captain of the ship comes over the megaphone and announces to everyone onboard, "Good day, ladies and gentlemen. Our arrival in Slateport City will be in roughly five minutes. So hang tight."

"You hear that?" I tell my two Pokemon. "We'll be there in about five minutes."

==== 

Sure enough, we arrive at Slateport in five minutes. I return Shuppet and Sableye to their Pokeballs and we board off the ship. I am striken by how similar this place is to Dewford. The dock leads straight to a beach full of splashing children in the water with their Pokemon, mothers reading in the shade, and fathers running across the shore. There were Wingull and Pelipper flying across the clear blue skies, and Corpish and Crawduant splashing in the bright blue waters.

But now, the only problem is trying to reach Mauville City. My first instinct is to ask the nearest person for directions. I look around and see a woman basking in the sun with a Mightyen sleeping right by her side, wrapped in a ball.

I begin to approach them when the Pokemon lifts it's head and begins to growl ferociously. I freeze and the woman lifts her head. "What is it, Mightyena?" The woman asks with a calm voice. The Pokemon continues to growl, as if it hadn't even heard the woman's question.