Chapter 14- "Find Them"

The boat flows out of the dock into open waters. Runner and I look over the edge, intently staring for the sunken ship. If I remeber correctly, it was off to the East. We peer out to the rocks, looking at the swimming people and the wild Pokemon bathing in the salt water. 

Out further of Route 108, we notice a small island with a few palm trees sticking out of the sand. At the bank, lay a fierce battle with two trainers. On one side, there is a young girl with a tan as crisp as the sand she's standing on. Her Pokemon appears to be about half her size with bright blue skin. It has a white stomach with a large black swirl, and on it's fists appear to be white boxing gloves. I pull out Pokedex and scan the Pokemon. The result comes as "Poliwhirl, the Tadpole Pokemon; Water". 

On the other side of the beach there is a boy, seemingly the same age as the girl. He wears a tight black water shirt and long swim trunks. His Pokemon is floating mid-air with pale skin. Attatched to it's head is a small string that leads down below it, almost resembling a single flat tail, at the end of which is a splash of red.

I move the scan from the Poliwhirl to the other Pokemon. The final result comes up as, "Chimecho, The Wind Chime Pokemon; Psychic." 

From the looks of things, it's a pretty tough battle. The girl yells an inaudible command to her Poliwhirl. It blasts a plethora of water at the Chimcheo. The boy's Pokemon flies out of the way, then the boy yells something to it. Bright dazzling spikes form around the Chimecho. They are launched like bullets at the unsuspecting Poliwhirl. To which at that point, things go out of view. The boat had slipped away with my noticing.

"Where's this sunken ship that you were talking about?" Runner says as he walks up next to me. 

I huff and look up. I conceal my eyes from the blinding sun. "It should be here eventually." I sigh one last time. We had been at sea for seemingly hours. I'm starting to think that the Abandoned Ship was a part of my imagination. No. It couldn't be. The Magma Members at the Museum said that's where they were going. 

"Is that it?" Runner announces as he points out to the horizon. I follow his finger and notice the grey crashed ship from earlier. 

"That's it!" I shout. I look around and see everyone staring at me. I nervously laugh and wave at them. They must of heard my excitement. 

"Any ideas on how to get there?" Runner asks. I follow the line of water towards the Abandoned Ship, slowly distancing itself from us. Then a light-bulb flashes in my mind.

"Yeah, I got the perfect idea." I scan my surroundings, making sure no one is no longer staring. I climb up the ledge by one step. With a stiff grip on my knapsack, I climb up another step.

Runner grabs my arm. "Whoa, whoa. Dream? What are you doing?" 

"Do you wanna get over there or not?" I scoldy snarl as I rip my arm from his grasp. I then dive into the warm ocean water. I float back up to the surface and begin stroking. Before I knew it, I was climbing on to warm sand of the beach holding the ship. 

I put my shoes back on my feet and look back. I see Runner washed up on the beach, intensely coughing out water. "Let's get this over with," he gags, standing to his feet. He lines up with me and we stand before the crashed ship. Plop in the middle lays a large open hole.

We both cautiously walk towards it. I look back and see Runner petrified. I wave my hand over, gesturing him to follow. He does so.

We slowly go in step by step. The light adjusts and we can see inside. The inner ship was dark and gloomy. The rusty floor was torn to pieces, allowing the seeping sand to crawl in. Every step we take sends a creaking echo throughout.