Chapter 17- "Ground-Breaking"

PLEASE READ: 

You all know how I'm making up all my Gym Leaders for this book? In the past, I may have told you how I'm keeping all the Elite Four from the games in this book. Well, forget that. Yes, I will be making up my own Elite Four for this book. 

Thank you, now enjoy the chapter!

========

Runner and I waltz our way through the gates into Mauville City, trying to direct as much attention away from us as possible. The only thing on my mind is the Gym and Aura. After watching that intense battle, I will admit, I have been a bit tremulous. Her Garchomp practically was a War Veteran. It had seen and been through everything. When it got poisoned, it appeared to have been through the same process a million times before. 

Sure, I know I won't be fighting that well-experienced Dragon/Ground Pokemon, but what's stopping her Pokemon from the Gym Three level from becoming well-trained and strong. 

All I know is, she has Pokemon, and their going to be tough. 

Runner breaks my train of thought when he tells me, "I saw the Gym up ahead when looking for my Father. It should be around here somewhere." We push our way through the huge crowd of people, Runner tugging at my hand, simply dragging me by my heels. But something catches my eyes...no...nose I should say. The most grotesque scent I have ever smelled in my life fill my nostrils, causing my nose to curl. 

I look around, fingers clenched on my closed nostrils, and notice everyone else is doing the same, except for one little girl. She was giggling and playing with a Pokemon I can't see. A woman with a leather purse is blocking my sight. She was leaning on one hip, watching the child and the unknown Pokemon run in circles. The woman eventually walks to the girl and grabs her hand. "That's enough," she says in a calm, yet tired voice. She walks away and the girl and her Pokemon follow. As the woman turns around, I notice she has a clothes pin keeping her nose clenched together. Her eyes are tired, annoyed, and embarrassed. The Pokemon was a fat and low Pokemon with a purple tint to its fur. Its cheeks were chubby and its left eye was covered by one chunk of fur that flooped down from its head. 

I pull out the Pokedex and scan the Pokemon. The result comes up as, "Skuntank: Poison/Dark. Known to unveil an awful scent to those nearby." Great. 

Runner drags me out of the fog of people at we reach a grassy field, complete with rolling hills. "Right up there." Runner points to the top of a hill and on it a tall building made out of pure stone. Filled with excitement combined with a dash of fear, I burst out running to the building, Runner not far behind. 

Soon enough, he and I arrive at the front door. With soft ease, we enter the building. In the distance, a faint light flickers. We follow the path that slowly descends down low.

At the edge of the path, we are bombarded with bright lights and roaring cheers, but not directed towards us. No, all directed to a lower ring beneath the floor. It lays like an octogon and bares flat dirt. The area is protected by cages laying above. Runner and I look down into the isolated field and see a historic battle taking place. 

On one side of the field, there is a young boy, around my age, sweating as if a bunch of water were dunked on him. On his side, there was a tall Pokemon, the shape of any ordinary human. This Pokemon was cascaded with sharp spikes and red coloring. It appears to have what looks like a helmet on its head. I lift up my Pokedex and scan the unknown Pokemon. The result comes up as, "Bisharp: Dark/Steel." 

From the looks of things, the trainer is more tired out than the Pokemon. 

I peer to the other side of the field and see the same woman from the video: Aura. She looks eactly how I remember her from the video. She has her classic light tan hair with brown eyes, along with light brown top, completed with an open brown overcoat. Her Pokemon is a flying-creature. It has a darkened purple skin with black wings, giving it a menacing appearence. Not to mention the piercing yellow eyes. I move the Pokedex to it. The result comes up as "Gliscor: Ground/Flying."