Chapter 15- "Welcome"

Runner and I race out the room and down the creaking steps to the base of the ship. The Team Magma Members are nowhere to be found, all that's left are muddy footprints in the sand leading into the ocean. 

Then we hear a sudden woman's voice shout, "What's going on here!?" We look out the torn whole of the ship only to see a police officer running from her motorboat and into the Abandoned Ship, pausing right at our faces. She stands quite tall, 5 foot 11 at least. Her hair is a color teal and her eyes are a soft green. "Are you kids alright? What happened?" 

Runner steps in and desperately explains to her what had just went down.

After a few minutes of talking from Runner and pondering from the officer, she finally says under her breath, "Team Magma, again?" She said it so quiet, obviously not wanting us to hear. But we did. 

"What do you mean 'again'?" Runner suggests, myself agreeing. 

The Police officer shook her head and began, "We have multiple run-ins with Team Magma in the past. How as before, they only did small tasks; robbing a store, so on. But recently, they have been causing quite a bit of stir in the cities of Hoenn. We captured a few of their goons and interrogated them, but they revealed nothing useful. Some even crunched a little pill-" she snaps her teeth, mimicking their actions, "-before we could even get through to them." 

Then I but in. "We tried to stop them. We really did, but they ran off. They said they were heading towards 'Mt. Chimney'." 

She reaches out her hand and pats me on the shoulder. "You did good, but you have to let the police handle this. We have it under control." She let's my shoulder free and turns to Runner. "Now where is this man you were talking about? The one that was being tortured?"

Runner points her in the direction of the room. She leaves for a short while and comes back with the man wrapped around her shoulders, almost like a shawl. She passes us whilst she says, "You might want to get off this ship soon. I hear there are ghosts on board." The Officer walks outside, plops the unconscious man in the back of the motorboat, and drives off, the roar of the engine slowly droning away the further the distance.

"Come on, let's get out of here," Runner tells me as he reaches the edge of the boat. He climbs out and waits for me, but I seem to be immobilized. Not that I was stuck, no. As if I didn't want to leave. Then I hear a quick noise. Not a noise that an old, rickety ship would make. More of a soft cry of a Pokemon. I grab Shuppet's Pokeball and hold her tight in my hands, prepared for anything that comes next. Then I hear the cry again. The rythm of it's voice starts low with an eerie pitch to it, but rises like a mountain, but falls quickly into a valley. 

In the shadows, hidden in the corner, all I see is bright blue flame and yellow, eye-shaped circles. Then they slowly grow bigger, and grow closer. Finally, the rays of the sun reach the unknown figure and reveals a small Pokemon with a white, dropping skin, like a candle. Upon it's head is a single blue flame, faintingly swaying. 

I pull out the Pokedex and scan this unknown Pokemon. The results come up: "Litwick, the Candle Pokemon; Ghost/Fire. Female" I place the Pokedex back in my back pocket and toss out Shuppet's Pokeball. "Well, Litwick. It looks like you're mine." From what I saw, it appears as if the Litwick curled her lips. 

Those curled lips soon disappeared and a fiery blast shoots from her mouth straight to Shuppet. "Look out, Shuppet!" My Shuppet gave me a quick look of agreement and flew away from the coming inferno. "Now Will-O-Wisp!" The flaming balls morph, surrounding the floating Shuppet. With a loud roar, Shuppet shoots the flaming balls at the Litwick. 

One by one, the Litwick dodges each and everyone. The Will-O-Wisp merely hit the steel structure of the ship and disappear without a trace. I glance over and see Runner has returned inside the ship and is calmly rested, back leaning on the wall.