Epilogue

Dark clouds gave way to heavy rain over the crowd of people that were shepherd in between concrete and granite headstones. Everyone was dressed in their best black attire and huddled close to the persons that were smart enough to bring umbrellas.

"We have gathered here today to lay Blair Elizabeth Jacobson and Axel Fraser Javier in their final resting pla--" No one bothered to listen to the priest since all they could hear were the sniffles coming from the attendees that were staying strong for far too long.

It was the kind of funeral everyone dreads the most, closed casket. The bodies were either never found or were mutilated to a point no one could recognize. In this case, no one knew that their bodies were never recovered,

Blair drove off the highway into the ocean and when the coastguard went looking for her... Only found the car with the windshield shattered. Axel found the journal that she left behind for him and lost complete control of his mind. He couldn't believe she was gone and that everything he did to keep her alive was in vain.

Axel was found to be getting better 2 months after losing her, but a bit later he was driving on the freeway at high speeds while drunk. He swerved into oncoming traffic and crashed... His body was never recovered because it was incinerated by the explosion that happened right after.

The mourners held back waterfalls of tears as they watched the dirt being thrown onto empty caskets. There was no family that came to see Blair off so her enemies and friends filled in. As for Axel, his whole biological and adoptive family showed to show their support for each other since Axel knew how to bring people together.

The ground was evened out to the best of the abilities of the groundskeepers, slowly everyone dispersed amongst the headstones taking the chance to see dead family members while being there. Some couples were holding onto each other as they dragged themselves to their cars, probably about to go to the bar down the street to drown their emotions.

Then only 2 people remained, they had buried themselves into the middle of the crowd to cover their hooded shadows. Rain slid right off of their hoods that were large enough to cover their faces to add onto their mysterious aura. They were getting soaked from head to toe from the rain but they didn't seem to care.

One of them turned their head to see where the mourns had gone off to and when it deemed for it to be safe, tugged on the others sleeve. Both reached up, gripped the sides of their hoods and threw it back to reveal their blonde hair.

There stood Blair and Axel, hand in hand, looking down at their grave plots. Blair observed it then turned her head to make sure that it was still safe for them to be where they were,

"Now you know that they are safe... Can we hit the road now?" Axel complained like a 4-year-old as he tugged at her sleeve. She had a sad look on her face when she shrugged him off of her hoodie and looked at all the flowers Axel got.

"Blair?" He asked as he sensed her hostility, he backed off right away since he knew she would explode if he didn't.

"They're safe baby... Now it's time to let it be..." He told her gently as she just blankly stared at then granite stones. She shook herself out of her thoughts and forced a smile back onto her face for a second before she started talking her mind,

"What if they find out that we are still alive?" Axel snorted at her state of mind,

"They never will. We did good... by not telling them since they would've been in a lot more danger than before we faked our deaths."

"Who knew I'd be back..." She stated as Axel grabbed her hand and lead her back to their black Cherokee,

"Back to protecting people who will never know what I did for them." Axel rolled his eyes at her attitude since the accident,

"Don't even start... All you have to know is that you'll never be alone in this Blair... Never." Blair watched him carefully, trying to see if there might've been a lie told somewhere between his sweet lines... But there wasn't.

"I love you."

"I love you too, Cassiopeia." Blair gasped at the name he called her,

"I may have changed my name but it doesn't mean you can call me it now!!!"

"Whatcha gonna do about it?"

"Fine." She said as she came up to the car door and opened it,

"Be that way... Micheal."

"You did not jus--"

"It's weird isn't it, jackass?" She teased Axel and he threw his head back once he sat down comfortably in the driver's seat,

"Watch your attitude with me, I won't hesitate to call you it again." He warned and Blair laughed as she pulled the AUX cable into her phone.

"Fine. Just tell me where we are going." She pleaded and he gave her a knowing wink,

"We are going up north until we hit Ontario, Canada and from there we will go across to Alberta." He explained and Blair beamed at her fiancé, he started up the engine as she reached into the back to retrieve a blanket. She grabbed the crank to make the music higher so she could hear it better for however long of a trip she was about to embark on.

Axel drove off, driving through the old town they lived in, Blair rested her head against the glass as she watched it all whiz pasted her. Axel took her hand and held it over the centre of the console which made Blair grin as she closed her eyes to sleep.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXx

Hey there PEEPS!!!!!!

This is the end of the book..... sad I know!!!!

But I may return with a sequel, if you all want one!!!!!

It has been fun writing for you all and I'll take a break and work on myself for a bit before I figure it all out.

If you want a sequel comment that you want one!!!

I love you all and thank you so so much for reading!!!

For the last time for Who Knew I'd Be Back....

Comment

Like

Share

KISSES

-ScarHunt2017