6. "My Dad Almost Caught the Oven on Fire Trying to Impress Your Dad."

°6. "My Dad Almost Caught the Oven on Fire Trying To Impress Your Dad °

(A/N: we're gonna say that Sal's dad has normal brown hair instead of blue, just cause it would be easy to tell who's dad he is and this chapter relies on not knowing 😂 oh well)

I woke up Wednesday morning to my dad slamming pots and pans around. I looked at the time and it was 5:42. Confused why he was awake, I got up and walked out to the kitchen, where dad was half inside a cabinet, pushing things out.

"What are you doing?" I asked, rubbing my eye.

"What? Oh. I'm trying to find that casserole pan your grandma gave us." He said, shoving another pot out of the way.

"Why? Why at 5:30 in the morning?" I replied, raising my eyebrow at him.

"Well, you see. Today is my day off. And I invited a guy from work over for dinner. He's going to bring his girlfriend and his two sons, who should be your age."

I groaned, "This will be fun."

"Don't worry, I won't talk about your pent-"

"Don't even say it." I grumbled.

He laughed and pulled out the casserole pan, "Aha! I found it." He held the pan up over his head like he just won an award, then looked down at his feet. "Ah, shit. Now I have to clean this."

"Okay, I understand what's going on, but what possessed you to look for the pan at 5:30 am?" I said once again.

"Oh, that. Yeah I have no idea. I woke up from a dead sleep and I couldn't sleep. So I thought maybe finding this pan would help me go back to sleep."

"And that worked out, how?"

"It didn't." He said. "Hey you wanna stay home and help me clean?" He asked, moving pans with his feet so he could set the casserole pan on the kitchen counter.

"Uh, really?" I asked, waiting for the 'sike!' or some stupid talk about school being good for the soul and mind.

"If you want to. I don't mind." He smiled.

"You're fuckin' with me right?" I asked. He laughed at me.

"Maybe. But you can if you want to. But I'll definitely be putting you to work all day."

"Then I'll pass." I said. I scooted my way to the bathroom and just started to get ready for the day. It was colder out. So I stuck to the jeans and a sweatshirt.

°

"Your dad sounds weird." Larry said, smelling the mystery meat on his lunch tray. I just told them the story of my dad throwing pans around.

"He is weird, but he's a cool dad." I replied, stirring the soup I brought for lunch.

The doors to the cafeteria opened and in walked Travis and his posse. He still hadn't left me alone after Ash punched him, which she received a 4 day suspension for. So, today she wasn't here to protect me if I needed it.

"Great here comes trouble." Sal mumbled, jabbing the slop over his plate.

Travis stopped at our table, as he did everyday to say something rude. But instead he knocked Sal's head down onto his tray.

"Why don't you take your face off and eat, freak?" He snickered. Sal lifted his head and wiped his mask off with his napkin, not bothering to say anything to him. But, Travis smacked him again, this time slightly harder.

"I was talking to you!" He shouted. This time when Sal lifted his head, a chunk of his mask fell off into his food. But Sal stood up.

"Look guys, the freak decided to ditch the handle bars." He said, referencing Sal's famous pig tails, which he decided to wear down today.