14. The Wedding (Part 2)

°14. The Wedding (Part 2)°

It was just shy of 10 am. Dad was waking up in a little bit to go with Henry to get the food. I was taking the car and going over to Ash's to get ready. She wanted me to help curl her hair, cause apparently I was more of a girl than she was, which I thinks a lie, but oh well.

I packed my bag last night, so all I had to do was grab my bag, my dress, and put on some shoes. I grabbed my keys and headed out the door, into the car, then down the short drive to her house.

She answered the door before I could knock, and we walked to her room in silence. Her parents were not up yet and they wouldn't be for awhile. We walked into her bathroom and set everything up.

"Whatever you do, don't burn me." She said, looking up at me through the mirror. She sat on a stool in front of me. I parted her hair and put the excess on top of her head in a bun.

"I'll try not to." I laughed, shrugging. I started to curl her hair, tighter than what we wanted, so it would get better as it fell throughout the day. We had to get our hair done, run to the flower shop, drop the flowers off, grab the boys, and head over to the hall and help set up. We'd get dressed there.

It took about an hour to do Ash's hair, as she had a lot. It was also quite thick. Her hair held the curls very well though, which was great. Mine took about another hour, just cause I don't do it as often. It was the about noon. The wedding started at 4. We packed up our things and headed to the flower shop.

I opened the door and walked in, Ash trailing behind me. The flowers were all set out, ready for me. Bouquets we're in buckets and the boutonnieres we're in their plastic containers. Thankfully the hall was only half way across the small town and not farther away. It was cold out, and with the heat on, the flowers might dry slightly and crack. But, I don't think we'd have the issue.

"Aw you two look so cute!" Kelly cooed as we walked in. I laughed and thanked her. "Did you two want help taking this to the car?"

"Yes, please."

It was all loaded up and we waved as we left. Next stop was to grab the boys. I pulled into the Addison Apartments parking lot and sent a quick text. They exited the building a few moments later, carrying their bags keeping their tuxes safe.

"Damn you guys look hot!" Larry said as he got in the car.

"You have a girlfriend now, Larry. You can't really say that." Ash said, giving him a look.

He chuckled, "Its a habit I need to stop, I know."

°

We got to the hall at 1:30. I saw Dad and Henry carrying in items through the back door. We walked in the front. Ash carried our bags of clothes and the boys each had a bucket of flowers and I had the bag of boutonnieres. We walked to the back and stuck them in the coolers to keep them nice and fresh.

"Did you guys get everything okay?" Lisa asked as she was setting down table cloths and runners.

"Yeah," I said, walking over to help her fix a table cloth that was a little wonky. "Flowers are in the cooler."

"I can't thank you all enough. It means a lot to Henry and I that you and your dad have been so kind to us."

"We love you guys." I smiled, "We're always here for you two."

Her eyes watered slightly, "I'm so emotional today so I'm sorry if I cry." She laughed.

"You just tell Ash and I what to do and we will do it. We are all yours until 3 when people start arriving!"