19 . Yeah Boii It's Prom Time

[going to be a short chapter as I can only write so much about a school dance,,, also how many of you have weird last names that teachers could never pronounce. my last name is coll and all my teachers would say cole even though its pronounced call. i also had a teacher call me emily and my name is literally no where near that lol]

19. Yeah Boii - It's Prom Time

"I'm going to cry."

"Suck it up, you're a 43 year-old man."

He rolled his eyes at me, "Damn it, (Y/N), let me be sad that my little bug is growing up." He laughed and rubbed his eye. Sal jabbed my side with his elbow and the look in his eyes told me to stop. We stood in the park by Lake Wendigo (a strange name for a damn lake, but everything is weird in this town) as all out parents took photos.

Lisa was  crying over by Henry, her smile showed she was happy, though. She kept talking about how grown up Larry, and her "adoptive" children, were becoming. She babbled about graduation and college, to which Larry reveled that he wasn't going to, which got him a lecture. 

"Larry, you have to go to college and get a degree! You'll make a lot of money and be able to support my future daughter-in-law and my future grandkids!" She had said.

My dad has been on and off crying all day. He'd say things about how my mom would be proud of how beautiful I was, and how great of a person I was becoming, which I didn't care about. I really wish my dad would be open to dating. Mom's been gone for years and hasn't bothered to even give him any closure. I've gotten over it, but it's harder for him.

"Okay, all the girls over here and the boys over there!" Lisa said, waving us girls over to her, so she could take our photos. We took photos for around an hour, all of us moaning and complaining after 30 minutes.

Neil's mom and dad came as well and laughed at how crazy their son's boyfriend's friends were. It was the first time we met his parents, and they were very nice, giving direction for funny photos and serious ones, and taking semi-professional photos, as  Neil's dad is a photographer. 

"Okay, okay," Larry said, pushing the camera in his mother's hand down, "We need to go. You guys will want us to do Grand March, right?"

"Oh! Yes!" Lisa exclaimed, putting her phone away. We all made our way to the cars and drove to the school. It was held in the gymnasium. How romantic.. As we pulled in, kids were parked in the Grand March line, their fancy cars idling. Most kids were in cars like limos, or mustangs, and the occasional large truck. We were all piled in the Jeep, tops and doors off. Neil, the only other person in our group with a license, drove while Todd sat in teh passenger seat, the girls in the back seats, and Sal and Larry sitting in the back back.

The whole process took around an hour and a half. Everyone would be called you would walk down the walk way and people would take your picture, the whole shebang. We were close to the end, thanks to Lisa's obsession with photos. We didn't mind though, since people would leave as they saw their child.

Neil pulled up to the stop and handed the principal the keys, and he got a numbered tag for when we leave. We handed the teacher our tickets so they could read our names. 

"Todd Morrison and Neil Jones [Does he even have a last name???????]!" The teacher said into the mic. People clapped and you could hear and see Neil's parents clapping loudly, smiling widely in the background. They held hands as they walked through the crowd and through the door.

"Ashley Campbell and Jon Miller!" The two linked arms and smiled at each other. The followed Todd and Neil towards the door, stopping at Ash's family for a picture, before continuing.