39. The Finale

39. The Finale
[3rd person one last time :')]

Graduation Day. A day full of endings as well as beginnings.

Sal stood in his room, looking in the full length mirror (Y/N) brought with her when she moved. Sally straightened his tie for the fourth time in the last ten minutes. His gray shirt went well with his black pants and his red tie. His hair was pulled back into a neat bun. He smoothed his hand over his hair several times, trying to flatten any fly aways.

There was a knock at the door. He welcomed them in and Larry's smiling face entered the doorway. "Are you almost ready?" He asked. "Bryan has the car out front and he's ready to go."

Sal nodded, wiping his sweaty palms onto his pants. "Larry, do I look alright?"

Larry chuckled at his friends odd question, "Yeah, dude." He said, leaning against the door frame. "You asked me that ten minutes ago. Why are you so nervous?" He asked.

Sal turned around as Larry pieced it together. The tie, button up shirt, the nervousness. "It's today, isn't it?" He smirked.

His maskless friend nodded. Sal rubbed his hands over his face, trying to calm his nerves. "She's gonna say yes, right?"

"I'm sure she will." Larry asked, "Now hurry up before you piss her dad off." Larry chuckled, a car horn honking outside.

Sal nodded, grabbing his mask off of the night stand. He fastened it onto his head and grabbed the small black box. The velvet brushed against his fingers sending a calm feeling through his body. He grabbed the bouquet of flowers he also got for her, the cellophane crinkling loudly. "Don't say anything to anyone, Larry." He said as the two walked out the door.

"I won't, buddy." Larry winked, patting his best friends back. They entered the car, getting all the way back in the third row of Melissa's car. They sat with Ash who was excitedly chatting with Niel in front of her.

Sal looked out the window, watching the terrain glide by, changing from the Nockfell city to farm land. It felt like fifteen minutes had passed when Bryan put the car in park. Sal shook his head, trying to snap himself out of this daze.

On the same campus was (Y/N) and Alex, putting the finishing touches on their graduation uniforms. Alex pulled on her shirt, frowning when the fabric clung to her growing belly. "Does this look okay?" She asked her friend.

(Y/N) looked over at her, looking up and down her outfit. Her blackish brown boots tied over her gray pants leading up to the olive green tank top that hugged her. Over that was a blue floral cardigan she borrowed from (Y/N).

"You look perfect." She smiled to her friend. Alex was starting to get more self conscious about her pregnancy, her once slender stomach now had this protruding bump. Her hormones getting the best of her.

"Thanks, (Y/N)." She smiled. She sat down on her stripped bed. Nothing was left the the matress and the headboard. Alex reached over into the cubby, pulling out a small wrapped gift, a good bow on top. "Here. I was going to wait until after the ceremony, but.." she handed it to her friend.

(Y/N) held the small box in her hand, "If I would have known we we're doing gifts I would have got you one." She frowned, causing her friend to laugh.

"Just open it." She said, urging her.

(Y/N) pulled the bow apart, ripping the paper before tossing it in the trash. She opened the small box and inside was a note. "Do I read the note first?" She chuckled.

"Sure." Alex laughed.

(Y/N) pulled the note out and set the box down. She unfolded the piece of paper and began to read.