38. Wedding and a What?

38. The Wedding #2

It was April 28th, a great warm and sunny day. Sal, Larry, Alex, and I were piled in my car, on the way to Morgan County where my father's wedding was. Todd, Neil, and Ash we're in the other car. We tried to fit everyone in mine, but there was a lot of arguing over seats and personal space. The personal space argument, though, was still going on.

"Larry, I swear to God if you don't move your feet I will cut them off." Alex whined, shoving Larry's legs off her lap for the 10th time.

"But your legs feel so good under mine." He huffed, sitting in a normal position.

Sal and I sat up front, singing along to whatever song came on the radio. He held my hand while I used the other to steer. It was over a half hour drive, making everyone just a little bit grumpy in the process.

°

We we're seated in the small church. It was my dad, Melissa, my friends and I, as well as Henry and Lisa, along with Melissa's parents and siblings. The ceremony went fast and there were a lot of tears shed on both sides.

Once the ceremony was over, the church had a small basement where we had the reception. They played music from someone's phone over the speakers and we had food and cake made by Melissa's sister Lyla.

I sat at a table with my friends when Melissa came over and gave us all hugs. "Thanks for coming, you guys. You make me feel like such a part of the family!"

"You are a part of the family!" Ash said.

She smiled. And went on her rounds of thanking people for coming and saying hello. She walked over to her mother and talked for a bit.

"Your new husband sure has a lot of kids!" She said, looking over at our table.

"He only has a daughter, mom." She laughed. "The rest are her friends."

"Oh." She replied, digging into her cake.

°

After we left, we all stopped at a grocery store to get some food and s'mores supplies as we were having one of our friendly get together at our house.

Our house had a decent sized back yard, and Neil just bought a nice fire pit. So, to break it all in, we decided on a cookout sort of deal.

"Hot dogs, pasta salad, marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate..." Sal listed off, "Oh! Buns!" He said, grabbing a pack from the top shelf. "I think that's good off our list?"

"I think so." I replied as we met up with Alex and Larry who were looking through the ice creams.

"It all just sounds so good." She said, looking through the options.

"I recommend this one." I said, pointing at one of my favorites.

She looked at me and grabbed it, reading the flavor. "Oooh, that does sound really good." She tossed it in the basket Larry was holding before we all walked to the next item on their list.

After paying, we hopping back in our cars and headed to the house. The town was quiet, as it was only 8 PM. The sun had fully set and we we're ready for a fire

We set the lawn chairs around the fire pit. Sal and I raced around the house trying to find blankets for everyone. We carried them out and distributed them to our friends before finding out own seats.

Neil stood next to the pit, stacking firewood and stuffing the inside with paper. Once the fire ignited, he grabbed the bags and set them on the table beside him.

We chatted for a while, talking about random things when Larry spoke up. "I have something to tell you guys."

"Did you fart?" Ash said, scooting away from him as much as he could.

"What? No- I mean yeah, but that's not what I wanted to tell you." He laughed. He looked at Alex and then back at the group. "So, as of a few weeks ago, Alex and I are dating."

"I knew it!" I said. "You two have that vibe going on." Alex laughed at me.

"Well congratulations you guys!" Neil said. "You two really work for each other."

"That's not all." Alex said. She grabbed Larry's hand and squeezed it. We looked at the two slightly worried. "I'm pregnant."

"What!" We all said, almost in unison.

"Yeah. We're due in September." She said, placing a hand on her stomach.

I jumped up and hugged the two. "That's so cool!"

"Well, congrats again!" Neil said. Everyone gave the soon to be parents hugs before we settled back into our chairs.

"Did you tell your parents?" I asked

She shook her head. "No, but we should soon because I'll start showing soon. I mean, I kinda already do, but I look like I've just had a big lunch."

"Well, anything you guys need, I'm here for you!"

"We appreciate it." Larry smiled.

[Sorry it's short. The next one probably will be a little short, but then after that is the end of the story!!! I wanna try and get it up tonight, so fingers crossed!]