8. Pretzels and Panties

°8.Pretzels and Panties

It was the start of winter break. I had been here for a little over two months and I couldn't be happier. I have the best friends I could ever ask for. Ash and I hang out almost every day after school, doing homework, talking about boys, and what not. She's literally become the best friend I've ever had.

Larry and I hang out quite often. We've gone to two Sanity Falls concerts together which was a blast. He's been trying to teach me to paint in the past few weeks. I'm not very good, but I still manage to do alright, sometimes.

Todd and I realized we're quite a like. We both have some strange love for science. We don't hang out often but we always pair up in science class. We always get A's, and we always make the most extra projects.

Sal and I hang out every weekend. I mostly spend my time playing with Gizmo while he plays video games. I'm heading over there right now to tell Sal my good news. We're also playing the new Mario game that just came out.

I knocked on his door and I could hear Gizmo start meowing loudly, rubbing up against the door. "Hold on Giz, you gotta let me open the door!" He chuckled. The door swung open and I was greeted by a wet haired Sal. He was clipping his mask back on as he stepped aside.

"You know I don't care if you wear that or not." I said walking backwards to the couch so I could face him.

He shrugged, "Maybe one day you can see my face."

I huffed and laid on the couch, Gizmo hopping in my lap, purring so loud I was afraid his little voice/purr box would break. I scratched behind his ear. And he stuck his head up, stretching forward, enjoying the love he was receiving.

"Sal, do you not pay attention to this poor cat?"

He looked over at Gizmo, "He just really loves you." He said, drying off some of his hair before pulling it in a single pony tail. Something different sal was trying recently.

"Does your daddy not love you." I frowned at the cat, who just chirped in reply. I smiled and nuzzled my face in his head. His fur was so soft.

"I do love him!" He said rolling his eyes."He is my cat after all."

"I dunno." I sang, "I think Gizmo wants to be my cat." I nuzzled against his nose, "Isn't that right, Gizzy!" I cooed.

Sal laughed, "Is Gizzy what we're calling him now? I've never heard that one before. You know, you're something else."

"Yeah, I try." I laughed. "Anyway, let's bust this game out, c'mon!" I said, sitting up letting Gizmo jump off my lap. Gizmo liked to watch us play games. He would always just sit at the edge of the coffee table and bounce his head back and forth between both sides of the screen.

I grabbed a controller and waited for Sal to set the game up. It took a minute to download and update, so we sat there for a moment.

"So, uh, I have something.. exciting?... to tell you." I said after a moment. "It's exciting to me.. maybe not as much to you." I laughed.

"Oh yeah?" He asked, turning to face me. "Then let's hear it!"

"Okay, remember that day Ash set me up on a date?" I asked. About a month ago Ash decided to set me up on a date with one of her boyfriend, Jon's, friends. His name was Derrick and he worked with Jon for the past two years. On the date he was kinda quiet. He mostly talked to Jon, which didn't bother me as it was pretty awkward. But, after that we started texting a lot and got to know each other. Something about him really pulled me in, and he ended up asking me out last night.

"Yeah?" Sal said, thinking about it for a moment. "How'd that go? You two never really talked about it."

"Well it went okay. It was weird at first. But he ended up actually asking me out last night." I smiled. It's been almost two years since I've dated someone. It was back to that childlike happiness you get when you first start dating someone.