25. Sal and Larry's Graduation Party

[this chapter will be shorter, just at grad parties. Just the readers and the boys party, but y'all can let me know if you reallllllly want Ash and Todd's party, but I doubt it lol]

25. Sal and Larry's Graduation Party
°Sal°

I'm not the party type of person. As a child, I never had birthday parties, I never had sleep overs, I was never even invited to a birthday party. So, when Lisa brought up our graduation party, I didn't know what to do. But, the day was here, and I was nervous. I don't like being the center of attention, and getting across the stage to get my diploma was hard enough.

"Sal, can you come help me with the ice!" My dad called from his car. I jogged over to him to help grab the large bags of ice from his back seat. Everything was set up in the backyard of the apartments. Lisa rented a tent and tables, had balloons everywhere, and photo boards.

I carried the ice around to where I was told. I opened the first bag and dumped it into the large white cooler towards the back door of the apartment. I watched as (Y/N) and Ash helped Lisa tie balloons to weights and place them at the tables.

I went back to the car and continued rounding up ice, with my dad. Once we we're done we drove down to the local grocery store to get some drinks. We got several kinds of soda, some water, as well as some beer and other forms of alcohol.

My dad, since my mother's death, had been an alcoholic, hence why I didn't drink. Sometimes he was bad, half spilt beer bottles everywhere, he would be passed out on the couch, or puking in the toilet. I learned at a young age how to help someone when they we're hung over.

Since dad's been with Lisa, he hasn't been too bad. He goes to weekly AA sessions, and, while he still drinks, it's only on occasion. Lisa was good at keeping an eye out on him.

Once we got back to the apartment, dad pulled his car into the grass and over towards the coolers, so we could load them out easier. Larry hopped over to help us separate drinks into their coolers.

Not many people were here yet, mostly just family. Larry's aunts, uncles, and cousins were slowly trickling in, while my few family members were already here. My aunt showed up a few hours ago with my grandma, who I hadn't seen in a little over four years. I watched as (Y/N) sat and talked with my grandma, a huge smile on both of their faces.

"Looks like nana really likes (Y/N)." Dad said, as he caught me staring instead of helping.

"Oh." I laughed nervously, "Yeah, it looks like it."

"You know, she called me yesterday and said she was so excited to meet your girlfriend. She kept saying "I can't wait to meet my new granddaughter-in-law!"" My dad laughed.

My face flushed, but I was also happy that my grandma was so excited to meet (Y/N). I wanted my family to like her, and so far, everyone did. She just had that charm everyone seemed to love.

Nana was my mom's mom, so I felt closer to her than I did my dad's parents, which I regret now that they've passed away. My grandma always tells me stories about my childhood, about mom's pregnancy with me, and stories about mom's childhood as well. She tells me every time, how much I remind her of mom. She says I have her ears and her eyes. Then she adds how much nicer my ears would look without the piercings, to which I'd aways laugh.

"Sally! Your ears!" She exclaimed as I walked through the door of her kitchen. Nana sat there, flipping through the newspaper.

"Do you like it?" I asked, looking at her, smiling, even though she couldn't see it. Normally I didn't wear my mask around her, since she's seen me without it, more times than I can count.