31. Moving Day

31. Moving Day [Sal's POV] (whaaaaat another sal chapter??)

I looked at my watch once more. It was a quarter past 11, and (Y/N) said she would be here at 10. I wasn't mad, or at least I wasn't trying to be.

About three months ago, (Y/N) started her second semester at school, and she hasn't been the same. Her classes got harder, and she spent more time crammed up in her room studying. She was getting straight A's, so I couldn't be anything but proud, but a part of me was still upset that I didn't get to see her.

Around the same time, Todd, Neil, and I decided to find an apartment, and live together. Living with Larry took a toll on our friendship, and we figured it would be better if we didn't live together. Larry was still my best friend, no doubt.

Not too long ago, Neil found a great deal on a house a couple streets down from the apartments, by (Y/N)'s dad's house. It was a two bedroom, with a basement and a back yard. The couple who owns it was just looking to make some side money, so they weren't charging much.

I had decided to take some college classes, and this house was closer to the community college.

When I told (Y/N) she was excited, but not as much as I thought she would be. She offered to help us move. She said Alex would drive her down, so there would be an extra car. She said they would be here at 10 am, and yet, the clock was now inching towards 11:35.

I frowned and grabbed the box in front of me and headed out the door.

"Why don't you try calling her, dude?" Larry asked, grabbing a box also. Larry was kind enough to help me move as well.

"I already did." I replied, opening the back of my car. I didn't have a lot of possessions. Everything I owned could fit in my car, except for my bed and my dresser. "It went straight to voicemail."

He frowned and signed, "I'm sorry, dude. Maybe she forgot to put her phone on the charger last night?" He said, patting my shoulder.

When Larry and I met, I was much shorter. About a year ago, I was put on a hormone replacement study, and I've grown more than 8 inches since then, and Larry and I we're almost the same height. I never noticed how much my height had changed until now.

"Maybe." I said, letting out a soft sigh. We continued to load up the car until we couldn't fit anymore in. We hopped in the car and drove to the new place. Neil and Todd we're already there, unloading their own items onto the front porch.

I parked the car and got out, waving at the couple. They smiled and waved back before taking some boxes through the door. I opened the backdoor and grabbed a box, walking up the long walkway into the house. There was a kitchen and dining room when you first walked in that lead to the living room. There was already a couch and a dining table inside, more than likely from Neil's family.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I set the box down in my room and pulled the phone out of my pocket. I had a missed call from (Y/N). I unlocked the phone just ask she called once more.

"Hello?" I asked, after I answered. I was relieved that something didn't happen to her and that she was okay.

"Hey, Sal." Her cheery voice said on the other side. "Whatcha up to?" She asked.

"I'm in the middle of moving." I said, "I thought you and Alex we're coming?" I asked. I heard footsteps running up behind me.

"Alex is coming?" Larry asked loudly in my ear. I waved him off, trying to listen to what (Y/N) was saying.

"Shit, that was today?" She said, "Fuck, babe, I'm sorry."

"Sal." Larry said poking my shoulder. "Did you say Alex was coming?"