15. Zappa's

°15. Zappa's°

"Okay, whoa, whoa, whoa. Back it up." Ash said as we sat on my bed Saturday morning.  We had our weekend sleep over as we normally do. It was probably around 3 am at this point. I was updating her on what happened between Sal and I last weekend. 

Since about a month into our friendship, Ash and I have been having these sleep overs. Usually at my house because her little brother, Benjamin, always tries to stay with us. I don't mind, but Ash says he's at that age where "he's really annoying." So, no we have it here. My dad doesn't mind, saying things like - he's glad I have friends and I'm not out doing drugs or anything.

"You mean to tell me, you two have been together for a week and didn't tell me?" She exclaimed, hitting me in the leg with her pillow. She had a shocked look on her face before she smiled, "I'm very happy for you though."

I smiled "Thanks, Ash. We wanted to wait and see how we felt, like if we felt better off as friends or anything." I looked at the TV as some random Nickelodeon 90's drama played. "But, it's been pretty nice."

"I'm glad you're both happy, especially after the Derrick thing. I always feel like it was my fault." She frowned, "So, I'm sorry about that."

I shook my head at her, "No, it's fine. It's done and over with, we don't have to deal with him again."

"Yeah, that's true." She said, "On a better note, it's gonna be so cool to be able to double date with all the friends now!" She smiled. "We can go on road trips and we can go to the movies-"

"We could literally already do that." I laughed, "Me and Sal being in a relationship doesn't change anything like that."

"Well, yeah, but we always felt bad cause we would be all lovey-dovey and you and Sal would just be sitting there awkwardly." She said, sitting back against the wall. "Well, I guess Sal sat there awkwardly. We could all tell how much he liked you. We were all shocked when you couldn't see it. Whenever we would go to the movies, someone would look over and point out how he was just staring at you, time to time. Or like when we would go anywhere in the car, he always had to be in the front seat."

"I always thought the car thing was cause he didn't want to be put in the backseat with one of you lunatics." I laughed, shoving her arm.

"Offensive, but true." She said, shoving me back. "But, no, it was to be by you. Also, when we would go out to eat at the diner. He'd always sit by you."

I laughed. "I can't believe I didn't really notice any of that."

"I guess it was because you were with Derrick. It's probably hard to notice when someone likes you, when you're already with someone else?" She shrugged. "But, now he can make goo-goo eyes at you all the time and it won't be weird." I rolled my eyes at her and smiled. 

"Did you tell your dad yet?" She asked after a moment of silence.

"No, not yet. We're all going over to that nice place next to the mall, whatever its called." I said, trying to think of the name of the restaurant.

"Zappara's?" She asked.

"Yes!" I said, "Yeah, we're going there tonight for dinner, since Henry and Lisa are heading back to Jersey for their honeymoon. I think we're gonna tell them then." I said. "I think you're the only person that knows."

"I'm flattered." She said, batting her eyelashes at me. "So, he hasn't told Larry?"

"I think he wants Larry to be surprised, too." I laughed.

"Oh man, they're gonna leave those two home alone for how long?"

"I think like a week?" I replied, turning the TV off, getting ready to go to sleep. "I think they'll be okay. I'm sure Larry's gonna throw another party." I laughed, getting under the covers, where Ash already was.