24. water the what

24. Water the what

It was roughly midnight and the music was thumping and people were grinding. I sat on the couch next to Sal as a drink was handed to me by Ash. I took a drink and coughed as it was straight tequila.

"Chug it." She said. "It's a shot."

"That's not a fucking shot." I said, looking into the half full Solo cup. She shrugged and downed her drink in seconds.

"Anything's a shot if you try hard enough."

Larry was passed out in a corner already. Him and Veronica broke up not too long ago, but long enough for him to plan this party. I looked around and frowned as I saw Larry slumped up against the back of a chair.

I stood up, walking over to the poor boy, dragging him into his room. "Sally, help me." I called over the music. He jumped up and helped me pick Larry up and flop him down on his bed.

"Huh, what?" He said as his eyes fluttered open. "Oh hey buddy, hey babe." He said, winking at me. "You're lookin mighty finnneee."

I snapped in his face, hoping it would take him out of this strange trance. "Larry, are you okay?"

"Oh yeah, just laying here drunk as fuck with a shattered heart, I'm fine." He grumbled, curling into a ball. "Everyone's in love but me, woopty-doo."

I frowned and sat next to him, "Larry, what happened between you two?" I asked, as he rolled onto his back. He laid his head in my lap.

"Wellll, you seeeee." He slurred, "Ms. Veeronnica thought that you and I, " he drug out the word I for a moment, "We're having wild, pre marital sex."

I looked up at Sal, confused. He shrugged, but I could see the concern in his eyes.

"Why would she think that?" I asked. I was definitely not sleeping with Larry in any way, shape, or form.

"Because I put that beautiful photo of you in my wallet, annnd because you left a pair of your underwear here annnnnd she does my laundry annnnnd it must have gotten mixed in with my stuff in the bathroom."

"You and my boyfriend like together, why wouldn't she just put two and two together?" I asked him before looking up at Sal, "And when did I leave my underwear here?"

"Oh, that one time you were drinking and you were trying to seduce me but I told you no and you just fell asleep."

I'm a literal idiot.

"Larry, did you try and tell her we weren't together?" I asked. He nodded and gave me a thumbs up.

"I may have gotten drunk one night and called her and told her how much I actually loved you." He said, reaching up to cup my face. He pulled it down and tried to kiss me. I pulled away before he could.

Sal's eyes burned, I could feel them digging through Larry and onto my lap. I stood up and he rolled onto his side, falling asleep instantly.

He just stood there for a moment, starting at Larry before I reached up and put a kiss to his masks cheek. "Relax, Sal. He's drunk."

"It doesn't give him and excuse to try and kiss my girlfriend."

"It didn't happen, it's okay." I said. The music still was playing in the background. Sal's eyes softened.

"You're right." He turned to look at me, "You wanna go have sex while there's 30 people in here?"

"Sally!"

°

My headache woke me up. It wasn't a hangover. I'd didn't really drink last night. It was more of a "I tried to sleep while there was extremely loud music playing" kind of headache. I rolled over and was greeted with Sal's snoring face. His mouth slightly agape, a small pool of drool on his pillow. I pushed his blue hair back out of his face and smiled. I rolled onto my back and picked up my phone to check my messages. I had one from an unknown number.