Chapter 5: The Truth Comes Out

"(Y/N), I'm home!" Luca called cheerily as he stepped through the door. He smiled once he saw me, but his face fell when he saw Rafa.

   For some weird reason, Luca never really liked Rafa, and whenever Daveed, Rafa, and I were hanging out and we invited him to come along, he scowled and said no.

   Weird, considering Rafa is an amazing person. The kind that you don't find very often.

   "Oh, hello, Rafael," Luca said flatly.

   Rafa nodded as a returned greeting.

   Rafa, having known about this disliking for a while, stood up to leave so that Luca wouldn't be irritated by his presence. "Well, (Y/N), I think I'll be going now. I've gotta do some script writing for 'Blindspotting' today." He gave me a subtle nod, signaling for me to tell Luca about my feelings for Daveed once he left.

   Him and that movie. Seriously, it was taking Daveed and him FOREVER to finish that movie. They started working on it in, what, 2008? It's 2016, guys. And they haven't even done the casting and filming yet! Well, I guess Daveed's days in "Hamilton" kinda slowed the process down a little, but still! (By the way, I did see Daveed in "Hamilton," and he was great. The whole play was great.)

   Anywho, I need to stop rambling about "Blindspotting" and "Hamilton."

   I chuckled. "All right. When are you gonna be getting that movie finished?"

  I was stalling a bit, since I was really nervous to confess to Luca.

   Rafa looked annoyed that I was stalling, but answered anyways. "Maybe in 2018 or so."

   "Rafa, that's two years from now!" I giggled. "And you've already been working on it for a while!"

   "You can't rush perfection!" Rafa said with a chuckle. And then, to prevent me from stalling any more, he said, "Well, see ya later!"

   He walked out the door without giving me a chance to respond, so it was just me and Luca.

   "Hey, Luca, we need to talk..," I said, my voice quivering a little from nervousness. I didn't wanna break Luca's heart, but I didn't wanna stay with him, either. My heart belonged to Daveed.

   Luca's face fell. He wasn't stupid; he knew that whenever your lover says the words "we need to talk," it can never be good. "Okay..."

   I patted the spot next to me on my comfy couch, and Luca gingerly sat there. It was as if I was a rabid dog that would snap and bite off his hand at any moment.

   He was sort of right.

   I was a girl who was smitten for somebody else and that was gonna claw at his heart until it was nothing but pulsating shreds.

   When I was silent, Luca said, "(Y/N), what's wrong?" His tone was soft.

   I exhaled.

   Here goes nothing.

   "Well, do you remember how we went to Daveed and Jalene's place yesterday?"

   Luca scoffed. "It happened yesterday. How could I forget?"

   I let his crack slide, continuing my story. "Well, when you and Jalene went to get drinks, me and Daveed...we..."

   I paused, studying Luca.

   He wasn't nearly as hot as Daveed.

   But I could tell by his expression that he knew where this story was going. His face showed anger and heartbreak.

   "...we kissed," I finished.

   Luca began to look more angry than heartbroken now. He opened his mouth to say something, probably how I'm a whore or something like that, but I cut him off. "There's more..."

   I then told Luca about how Daveed and I kissed in the car, how I felt about Daveed, and how I felt that we should break our relationship off.  And with each word, Luca looked even more angry than he did when I uttered the word before the present one.

   When I finished, Luca was still silent. So, for clarification, I said, "You can speak now."

   But he was still silent.

   I was about to try and get some words out of Luca again, but before I could...

   His hand came in contact with my cheek in a forceful slap.

   The slap shocked me greatly. I cupped my cheek and stared at Luca in disbelief. It always looked like he would slap me when we argued, but I never thought he actually would...

   "You whore!" Luca yelled. "I can't believe you would betray me like that!"

   I mean, he had a point. But that gavs him no excuse to slap me. "I know, I know..," I whispered. "But hitting me is not okay..."

   Luca jumped to his feet. "What the fuck would you know about what's okay and what's not?!" Luca screamed. "You're the one who basically cheated on me! I'd never do that to you!"

   Part of me thought of Jalene, and the possiblity of them two together behind my back, but I decided not to mention it. Besides, Luca had already proven himself a beast when provoked. I stood up as well. "I know you wouldn't, darling...and I'm sorry...I'll get my things and will be out of here as soon as I can..."

   "You're not sorry!" Luca growled, stomping up to me. "Was Daveed a better kisser than me? Huh? Tell me, you whore!"

   I was silent for a moment. He really was, but I wasn't gonna admit that to a psychopath. "No, honey..."

   "Liar!" Luca said, kicking my shin.

   "Ah!" I yelled out in pain, losing balance, causing me to fall on my bottom.

   "Don't lie to me!" Luca hissed, grabbing a vase from the coffee table and throwing it to the ground, causing the glass to shatter.

   A few shards narrowly missed me, and I felt that I couldn't be safe with Luca anymore.

   "Please, just let me leave! I'll never bother you or contact you again, I promise!" I pleaded. I wanted to get up and run, but my legs were too weak.

   "Gladly. NOW GET THE FUCK OUT!" Luca screamed, punching me once in the eye and two times on my cheeks.

   My legs finally found the strength they needed to get up and run outside. I didn't even get any of my stuff. I just ran outside, the door slamming behind me.

   And, it being not even noon in early spring, it was a bit chilly. And if you don't have a jacket, that can suck.

   I began wondering where I was supposed to go. My car was coincidentally getting fixed, and I didn't have the keys fo Luca's car. So wherever I wanted to go, I'd havs to walk.

   My parents lived too far away to walk, so they were out...

   My probably bruised face lit up.

   Daveed's place! I thought. He'll let me stay with him for a while! He might have to explain the reason for my condition and why I'm staying with him to Jalene, but it's not like I have any other places that I can go...

   And no, I couldn't call my parents (or anyone) to come pick me up, since I hadn't grabbed my phone.

   I wrapped my arms around myself in a pathetic attempt to keep warm, my quickened heartbeat echoing in my ears.

   Daveed, here I come...