Chapter 8: Finally, I Have Him

It had been a few weeks since I had moved in with Daveed, and I was still waiting for him to be ready to date me.

   And honestly, I didn't know if I could wait much longer. I just wanted Daveed to call my own.

   Good thing I had a friend like Rafa to distract me from my wants while Daveed was out with Lin-Manuel Miranda, Anthony Ramos, and Okieriete Onaodowan. I had met the guys myself, since I was allowed backstage when I saw "Hamilton," and they were nice. Especially Anthony. He was, is, a bean.

   "How does this sound?" Rafa asked. He was running "Blindspotting" script ideas by me. "Daveed will say, 'That's the difference between me and you: I ain't no killer.'"

   I nodded. "That sounds good! The right level of feels, and the relief of knowing Collin isn't gonna kill the cop."

   Rafa nodded. "I agree."

   Rafa had given me a summary of the entire movie, and I was actually getting excited for its release. It seemed powerful, funny, and rousing.

   "So, when are you guys gonna do the rest of the casting?" I asked. I said "the rest of the casting" because Daveed and Rafa were planning to cast themselves as Collin and Miles.

   "I'm not sure," Rafa answered. "But," be paused, smiling, "Daveed and I were thinking of casting you as Val."

   I felt my heart stop. I was honored to be considered a sort-of lead role in the movie! And not only that, but being casted as Collin's (Daveed's) ex-girlfriend that still had feelings for him. He still had feelings for her, too, so...I think. Rafa's summary never said that they had feelings for each other directly, but I inferred it. But the commitment...memorizing all those lines...

   Fuck it. "I'd love to be Val!" I said happily. "I can't believe you guys would even consider giving me that role!"

   "Of course we would!" Rafa said. "Daveed was super bummed that you didn't audition for 'Hamilton,' so he wanted to give you another shot to act in something. And we both thought you make a great Val."

   I hugged Rafa. "Oh, thank you, Rafa! This is such an honor! You're tue best friend ever! Remind me to thank Daveed when he gets home!"

   Rafa chuckled, hughing back. "Stop getting all sentimental. But you're welcome."

   I pulled apart. "Um, excuse me, I'm (Y/N) (L/N). I'm the mayor of Sentimental Town."

   "And you're also the mayor of Corny Town," Rafa said, rolling his eyes.

   "Shut up," I grumbled, pouting.

   Rafa's eyes wandered away from my own and towards the front door. "Oh, hey, Diggs."

   My heart jumped at the mere mention of Daveed. I followed Rafa's gaze, and, sure enough, the one and only was standing in the doorway.

   "Hey, guys," Daveed said, taking off his coat and lazily tossing it on the couch.

   "(Y/N), don't you have something to thank Diggs f--" Rafa started to say.

   But I needed no reminding.

   "I know, shut up," I cut Rafa off. I sprung up and dashed towards Daveed, wrapping my arms around him in a thankful hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed.

   Daveed hesitated for a minute before wrapping his arms around me in return. "You're welcome..?" I could tell that Daveed didn't know what I was thanking him for.

   But I didn't tell him. I just kept hugging him, enjoying his embrace.

   "(Y/N) is thanking you for considering her for the role of Val," Rafa said.

   "Ooooooh," Daveed said, a wave of realization sweeping over him. He chuckled and hugged me tighter. "You're welcome. You're gonna be a great fit for her character."

   "Wait, what--?" Rafa started to say.

   I pulled apart, staring at Daveed, who had a smile on his face. "Wait...you said 'gonna'...does that mean I'm...definitely gonna be Val?"

   Daveed nodded. "Yep."

   "WHY DID YOU NOT TELL ME THIS!? I'M A FUCKING CASTING PERSON TOO!" Rafa yelled. "LAST TIME WE DISCUSSED THIS, WE WERE THINKING OF CASTING HER AS VAL!"

   "RAFA SHUT YOUR ASS UP!" I yelled back, hugging Daveed tightly once more.

   Daveed chuckled again and hugged back. "Yay, Rafael's finally been put in his place."

   "Oh, fuck off," Rafa grumbled.

   Daveed pulled apart and looked at Rafa, giving him a small nod.

   Rafa must've understood what Daveed meant, because he nodded as well. Then he said, "Well, I should be going. See ya guys."

   And with that, Rafa grabbed his coat, put it on, and left.

   I looked at Daveed quizzically, who was staring at his shoes. "Daveed, what's wrong?"

   "Nothing's wrong," Daveed answered, stepping a bit closer to me.

   I instinctively stepped back. "Dav...what's going on..?"

   Daveed grabbed both my hands, stroking then softly. "I think..." He paused.

   "You think what?" I asked, my face turnung pink. I hated how this boy was keeping me in suspense. Maybe he was gonna tell me some more about "Blindspotting." Or maybe it was about his hangout with his friends. Or maybe...

   No.

   It couldn't be.

   Was he ready..?

   A happy gasp escaped my lips at the thought, and Daveed, understanding the meaning of my gasp, nodded in response.

   I was frozen with happiness. With shock.

   There was a few seconds of silence. Then, Daveed said, "I think I've moved on from Jalene. All I want is you."

   I wanted to fly into Daveed's arms, but my muscles wouldn't move. I just stood there like an idiot.

   "Uh, (Y/N)..?" Daveed asked, probably worried by my inhuman stillness.

   That's when my muscles finally started to work. I ran into Daveed's arms, hugging him tightly.

   Daveed hugged back immediately, a sigh escaping him.

   Finally.

   I had him.

   He was mine.

   Daveed pulled apart first. "Do you want to be my girlfriend...darling..?"

   I nodded frantically, pressing my lips to Daveed's.

   Daveed kissed back without hesitation, wrapping his arms around my waist.

   I cupped Daveed's face in both of my hands, the happiest I'd ever been.

   Finally.

   Daveed was mine.

   Mine to kiss.

   Mine to love.

   No one could get in the way of us.

   Finally...

   ...

   He was all mine.

   ...

   Wow...the kiss was getting kinda rough...

***

   Thank you all for 100+ reads!! :3