Chapter 18: Visitors

It had been a few hours since Sadie had been delivered, and I was holding her (she was all cleaned up, don't worry) in my arms while watching "Supernatural", to Daveed's dismay; he hated that show. "I'm sore! I was put through a lot, okay?" I had said, which swayed him to put it on.

   I shifted positions, trying to get comfortable. Hospital beds are awful. Hospitals just really wanna give everyone unfortunate enough to lay in their beds a backache.

   I watched Dean scream fearfully at a cat that was inside a locker, making me chuckle and Daveed roll his eyes.

   "That was scary!" Dean said breathlessly. Sam responded by walking away.

   "What a wimp," Daveed grumbled. "It's just a cat, dude."

   "Oh, shut up," I said, stroking Sadie's hair. "Dean is manlier than you."

   "Have I ever screamed at a cat?" Daveed asked, raising an eyebrow.

   "No. But you did scream when you saw a squirrel sprint across the road we were walking down," I stated. "Which isn't that much better."

   Daveed looked down, embarrassed. "Ah...that was...a while ago..."

   "I guess you're right," I said with a smirk. "You know what wasn't a while ago, though?"

   "I'm scared," Daveed said.

   "When I caught you watching 'The Backyardigans' on Netflix."

   Daveed turned beet red. "Uh...I...that was...I didn't..."

   "Don't deny it. I saw you, Dav."

   Daveed crossed his incredibly muscular arms and looked away. "You were hallucinating..," he growled.

   "Uh-huh," I said sarcastically, my gaze moving to my offspring.

   She really did look like her father. I stared into her eyes, that being the only similarity we shared.

   She gazed at me also, an adorable smile crossing her face. She made this cute giggling noise, making Daveed look over with a soft expression.

   Daveed and I just stared at our child lovingly. I forgot how sore I was and how much pain I had to go through. It was all worth it when I got to hold Sadie. 

   My gazing session was interrupted by Rafa, Reneè, Oak, Anthony, Lin, and Jasmine Cephas-Jones (those were all "Hamilton" cast members I was close with) all bursting into my room at once. (All of them had already known about the arrival of Sadie, since I had told them shortly after I had told Reneè.)

   Their presence greatly startled me, making me nearly drop my child. I snapped my head in the direction the rapid stepping and shouts were coming from.

   I looked at my friends, a surprised smile crossing my face. "Guys! Wh-what're you doing here?"

   "Diggs called us!" Rafa answered. "He said you guys were parents now! And," he looked at Sadie, a smile on his face, "he was not lying!"

   Oh. So that's why Daveed took so long going to "the bathroom". He wanted to surprise me with the presence of my friends.

   "Why would I lie about having a child?" Daveed said, rolling his eyes.

   I looked up at Daveed with a smile. "You called them?"

   Daveed smiled down at me. "Yep. I figured you'd want some company that isn't me."

   "Awww! She's beautiful!" Reneè and Jasmine gushed in unison. 

   "Thanks," I said with a giggle. "Does anybody wanna hold Sadie?"