Chapter 42

TULIPS

The next morning, Goth felt vibrant and more cheerful. He took his shower and prepared to go to school. Goth unplugged the charger from his phone and switched it on. He sat on his bed and stared at the screen of the phone. As soon as the phone booted, there was a flood of unread messages and notifications.

There were messages and notifications from his facebook, he quickly read a few of them. The messages were all informing him to come represent the science college.

He went to his facebook page. Some of his pictures have been liked by lots of students. Others commented that he is handsome to join the competition.

Goth dialled Choice number to ask what he thought about the him representing his college? To his surprise, Choice was happy about it.

Since he was chosen by students votes, he should take the opportunity and compete. Who knows he can be the campus moon. Choice teased.

What must have happened to Joe who is already representing moon of science? He will have to attend the moon and star meeting to find out.

Goth got to the hall in about fifteen minutes. As soon as he entered, there was cloud cheers from the students.

Rise quickly ran to his side and grabbed his arms. The students were settled while the staff was addressing them.

"N'Goth has joined the team. You will be representing science college from now. Joe got into a little accident and hurt his arms, so he won't be participating in the competition," the staff announced.

"We have progressed with our dance, so who will volunteer to teach Goth the moves."

Tan raised his hands.

"That's good."

Goth understood now. He bowed slightly and joined the rest of the students.

There was an empty spot beside Ice so he sat there.

"Long time no see."

Ice looked down on the floor pretending to look for who was talking. 

Goth was having some nerves to speak in a disrespectful manner. What happened to baby Goth? He sighed and looked away.

"You don't have to make it obvious that you hate me. Remember this is a competition. The tables can turn at any time."

"Shut up!" Ice gritted his teeth.

Ice shot him a hard stare. This boy really grown up so fast. Goth tilted his head and gave him a cold gaze.

"Okay, kids. Pair up. It's time for the walk in and poses," The staff announced. The students quickly paired up. Each couple representing their college.

"We are going to walk ten steps, pose, turn and walk back to where I am standing, understand."

"Yes!" The students chorused.

"Okay. Let's go... Hurry and focus on your walk and pose."

Tan and Kwan walked first. Their pose was impressive. They walked  back.

"Next couple, cut right in. Immediately they are coming back, begin to walk. That's the beauty of it," the staff commented.

Ice stood at a corner watching the students. They were all having fun, cat walking and posing. Recently he had been thinking of what his talent show will be.

What is he even good at? Nothing much. The only thing that came to his mind was modeling. He was good in runway walking. Maybe he will do that. He will think about it later.