Chapter 58

TULIPS

Mark

He sat down at a lonely spot in the reading room. The room was scanty as most of the students had started writing their examinations.

He fondled his phone wondering whether to call Ice or not. He sighed. He had some things going on his mind and he wanted to clear them off.

Since Ice became campus moon, he had been busy with other school activities and he barely even spent time with him. It's been a little boring without his company lately.

"Why are you sitting here?"

Mark heard a familiar voice. He looked up. "Ice..." The usual saying, talk of the devil and he appears, crossed Mark's mind.

"I was about to call you on phone," Mark said.

Ice ignored him and sat down opposite him.
"You're supposed to be preparing for exams."

"I am preparing, Ice. I have something on my mind to share  with you."

Ice placed his laptop on the table, flipped it open and switched it on. "What?"

Mark's eyes darted around the room like he was searching for someone. He was nervous.

"If it's about your boyfriend I don't want to hear it."

"Er... Ice. I will be traveling to France during the holidays."

Ice face lit up. He shifted his gaze from the laptop screen to the young master.

He wasn't surprised. But he didn't expect to hear that so soon. He knew Mark's mom was obsessed about her son exploring the world.

He tilted his head slightly and cracked a thin smile. "Again?"

Mark nodded.

"You want to ask me if you should tell your boyfriend, right?"

"Ice, Andy is not my boyfriend, he is..." Mark's voice trailed off.

Ice cocked his eyebrows and gave Mark a quirky look.

"... He is someone I care about so much. I don't know how to tell him."

Ice squinted his eyes the way he normally do it when he was trying to figure out if someone was been stupid or dumb.

He leaned forward towards the table.
"It's your mom's decision to go to France, so whether you tell him or not, it doesn't change anything."

Ice's attention went back to his laptop. He sat there his face cold and without emotion.

Mark exhaled deeply. Ice was right. Even if he sounded so brutal with his words.

He watched Ice pick his phone and smiled. Like he just got a photo message on his line chat.

"At least you won't be lonely when I'm gone," Mark said politely, a smile danced on his small pink lips.

Ice held his breath. "What do you mean?"

Mark knew Ice was just putting up his defensive walls. "Never mind, I'm glad he makes you happy."

Ice blinked.
"He makes me happy but he never agreed to date me completely."

"You have to work harder then, A'Ice. Maybe he wants to be sure you really care about him."

"Mm."

Ice wasn't sure why he was suddenly talking to Mark about his love life. His face loosened up and he relaxed a bit.