New Neighbors

Zayn took his sketchbook and went out. He sat in the garden and started drawing the house in front of him. The house was empty, but still looked comfortable and inviting. Somehow he felt connected to the house. New neighbors came and went away for years and Zayn felt like the house held a treasure just for him. He was brushing his thumb over the paper to spread the color when he noticed a black car stopping near the house.

Who do we have now?

     Zayn looked over the fence and found two extremely good-looking young men walking out of the car, holding hands.

     Zayn stood up and walked to the house. He was a friendly boy and wanted to know the young couple better. For a ten-year-old, he had some awesome communication skills and knew how to talk to people.

     The couple noticed the young boy and smiled at him. The one with ocean-blue eyes smiled at him and said:

"Hey!"

"Hi. I am Zayn. I live right there," Zayn answered, pointing at his house. "Are you moving here?"

"Yes, we are. And I am Louis, by the way, Louis Tomlinson. And this is Harry Styles. This seems like a lovely neighborhood so far."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Tomlinson. And you, Mr. Styles," Harry just smiled at him and waved his hand, "Yes, it is really good here. Especially in winter. All the houses get covered with snow and everyone decorates them with Christmas lights."

"Wow! That sounds great. I guess I can't wait to see it myself." Louis exclaimed.

     They continued talking till Trisha, Zayn's mom, called him for dinner. Zayn was satisfied with meeting the new neighbors. He really liked Mr. Tomlinson. And Mr. Styles seemed to be a good person too, even though he wasn't as talkative as his husband. If only Zayn knew that this couple would turn out to be more to him than just neighbors in the future.