Future Partners in Crime

After changing into dry clothes, the family had lunch with Chris. Liam was upstairs with Zayn, while the adults were in the living room.

"If I get it right, you are suggesting to start Li's education earlier? Chris, he is only five. What if he doesn't like it?" Louis asked, the protectiveness obvious in his tone.

"We'll ask him. And he is younger for a year only. Charlie is pleading me to retake the same grade to be in the same class with Li. Well, he also needs to do it, cause he wasn't the best student for sure."

"Is that even possible? He is two years elder. How will you convince the school to get them in the same class?" Harry asked, completely confused.

"Yeah, it is. They talked about it, for Charlie and Zac, but my boys decided they don't want to be together the whole time. But you should have seen how hopeful Charlie looked when he asked me about Liam."

"I don't mind, actually. Liam is a fast learner, the academic part isn't a problem. But if he is the youngest kid in the class, won't he be bullied?"

"He has Charlie." Chris answered proudly. Charlie wouldn't let anyone even glance at his best friend oddly.

"That's reasonable. And Lou, he also has Zayn. Sure they are not in the same building, but the teachers will let them see each other during the breaks." Harry tried to convince him. Wouldn't that be great! He would finish school a year earlier and would spend his time with his best friends the whole time.

"Let's just ask Li."

     Harry called the boys and Zayn and Liam rushes downstairs still fooling around and giggling. They jumped on the couch and looked at the three men smiling like idiots.

"Li, we have something important to ask you. But think well before you answer. Ok, love?" Louis asked the kid, with his loving smile.

"Okay," Liam answered, returning the smile.

"Uncle Chris was talking about how you could start school now. If you do then you will be in the same class with Charlie. And Zaynie studies there too."

"Yes, Yes, Yes!" Liam exclaimed happily, jumping on the couch. 

     Zayn, who was smiling at his enthusiastic reaction, caught him before he would fall down. He wrapped his arms around the younger boy to calm him a little.

"But you know you have to do homework, wake up earlier, and meet with other students and teachers, right? It's not only about fun. You will have to study well." Louis explained to him slowly, secretly hoping to keep his son near him the whole time. 

     He didn't want to spend even an hour without Liam. He couldn't imagine that one day Liam would leave for college. He just hoped that Liam would miraculously stay a little boy forever. But his hopes were crushed when Liam squeezed him with a tight hug and said.

"Yes, daddy, please! I wanna go to school with Charlie and Zaynie."

     Louis didn't answer and still looked hesitant. So Liam just climbed to Harry's lap and looked up at him.

"Can I go, papa?"

"Yes, baby, you can." He answered, evilly betraying Louis.

     Liam grinned and turned to Louis again. He had the biggest puppy eyes and pouty lips. Harry and Zayn copied the expression to multiply the adorableness. Even Chris joined.

"Lewiiiis?"

"Fine." Louis gave up, rolling his eyes. 

     That's it. Now he will be home, writing novels, all alone. On the bright side, nobody would tug his shirt, jump onto his back, draw on the printed chapters, sing, and cuddle into his side, but he loves giving all his attention to Liam.

"Yaaaay," Liam squeaked and embraced both of his dads, almost banging their heads together.

"Come here, you guys," Harry said opening his arms for Chris and Zayn.

"Charlie will burst from happiness when I tell him," Chris said after they pulled out of the hug.

"Yeah. These two will become the famous partners in crime of the school," Louis laughed, ruffling Liam's curls.

     The others joined in laughing, already imagining the two boys paying zero attention to the class, running through the halls, accidentally breaking windows and musical instruments, and returning home, covered in paint.

"We have a lot of things to do this week, then." Harry noticed. 

     The school would start in a week and they haven't even applied yet.

"Let's start now. You, guys, go to the school, tell them about the age situation. Enroll Liam. I will go, pick up Charlie, and take the boys to shopping."

"Sounds good. Boys, go get ready. Me and Louis can go now." Harry said, taking his car keys, wallet, Liam's passport and other documents, his phone, and, last but not least, Louis' hand.

     They follow the plan and that's how Liam and Charlie become classmates.