Missing!

- I can't wait to see him! - Louis sighed from the passenger seat.

- Me too, Lou. But don't worry, we'll get there in less than fifteen minutes. - Harry assured, stopping Louis' bouncing leg with his palm.

     They reached the house and Louis didn't waste a second and rushed out of the car. He unlocked the door and hurried inside, followed by Harry. But, just as he entered the house, he froze in his place. Something felt awfully wrong. Something was missing from their usual life. Something sweet and beloved. Something that brought a smile to Louis' and Harry's face every time they entered in. And this feeling frightened both of them.

- Li? Liam, baby, we're home! - Harry called his son, passing by his husband that still hasn't moved a muscle.

- Li? Come here, pup! We're downstairs. - He tried again.

     No answer.

     No movement.

     Nothing.

     Harry gulped and tried to hide his fear for Louis' sake. Maybe he was at Zayn's?

- Let's go. - He called his soulmate and dragged him to the other house.

     The door was unlocked and the house already held undesirable promises.

- Liam? - Harry tried for the third time, already losing hope and close to a total freak out.

     They heard a muffled whimper coming from the living room and followed the noise.

     Zayn was sitting on the coffee table, his elbows resting on his knees and his head in his hands. He looked drained and terrible. His hair was messed up, unlike the everyday perfection.

- Zayn?! What the hell is going on?! - Harry ran to him. - Where is Liam?!

     Zayn looked up with bloodshot eyes, making all kind of thoughts find their way through the couple's minds. Seeing Louis' frightened eyes Zayn choked back a sob and broke down, hiding his face in his hands.

- Zayn! Talk! Where is my boy?! - Louis snapped at him, losing his temper.

- I don't know. - Zayn whimpered not finding a better answer. - I don't know. We slept in his room and I woke up alone. I can't find him, Lou. I can't find him! - He managed to say while crying.

     He expected them to break down. He expected them not to believe him. He expected them to yell at him. But he never expected two big hands pulling him by his collar and smashing his back on the wall. He shockingly opened his eyes and met Harry's green orbs that looked ready to burst soon.

- You what?! Are you f*ing kidding me, Zayn! All you had to do was make sure he was with you. Are you seriously telling me you lost my son?! Are you insane?! - He threw at him through his gritted teeth, his veins noticeable on the reddened neck. Nobody saw this cupcake in a human form this intimidating and furious.