Edwards

Perrie's P.O.V.

I can't believe he is holding him so close. They were looking through their memories for hours, while I was sitting right there. Yeah, I can't decline that Liam is an adorable child, but how can Zayn set him in his lap, cuddle him, and kiss him when I am right there! When it was bedtime and Liam finally left us alone, I used my best skill - being sexy. He can't resist me. No one can. The perks of being hot. It worked. He was surprised but it worked. Now let's see how he forgets about Liam's existence and spends an unforgettable night with me. There are things only I can offer to him.

I was close to ripping off his shirt when I felt him leaving my side. Wait, what?! I looked around and ... Liam? Isn't he supposed to be sleeping and leaving us the fuck alone?! Zayn talked so carefully to him as if every wrong sound could break him. He's just a human being, jeez. Why do all of them act so protective around him as if he is some fallen angel that must be shielded from all the bad things?! Zayn carries him upstairs and soon I can hear a sweet and soothing voice. Was he seriously singing him to sleep? Hellooo, he isn't a baby, you know? I couldn't help but follow the sound and what I saw there was the final step for me. Zayn holding Liam in his arms as they both fell asleep as if it was meant to be, looking like two perfectly fit pieces of a puzzle. I can't lose Zayn. I can't.

And if this teenager is what stands on my way, I'll get rid of him. My dad always said "Never give up! Fight for your dreams!" Being with Zayn is my biggest dream. Men as intelligent, kind, successful, and, most importantly, hot as him are hard to find. I won't let this kid steal his whole attention until he completely forgets about me. I can't give up.

I walked closer to the bed and examined their faces. Peaceful and happy. If Liam was replaced with me, would Zayn still have the same satisfied smile on his face? He should. I wasn't thinking about my actions, but I was always spontaneous. I scooped Liam in my arms, wrapping his legs around my waist and his arms around my neck, and did my best not to wake them. Thank God, these two are extremely heavy sleepers. I managed to carry the boy downstairs and luckily he is light and short enough for me to do so. It didn't feel much different from lifting a ten-year-old kid. I took him to my car and laid him in the back. He curled into a ball and even I smiled at him, no matter how much I just wanted him to disappear.

I hurried back and left a note on a yellow sticky paper to explain my absence. I was back in my car, driving to who knows where. I felt awful. I felt disgusting. I felt guilty.

I looked in the rearview mirror and the boy's innocent sleeping face crushed me. But I can't give up. I can't. I can't lose my boyfriend and my only chance for a happy family for Liam's puppy eyes. I never had a normal family. My mom was a selfish bitch that left us for a rich man. I like to think that I am not like her in any way, but here I am, ruining another person's life for my own good. What's done is done, though. It's too late. I dreamed about my future perfect family from when I was a little girl. My dad encouraged me and told me it would come true one day. And he kept telling me to keep fighting for it. So, here I am, fighting for Zayn's love. And if it means hurting this boy, it won't stop me. Nothing will stop me.

I looked out of the window and it was still dark. I could hardly see where I was driving to. And it didn't matter. It just had to be far far away from Zayn and from his parents. Nobody should find him. It will break them, but after some time they'll get used to it. And I'll be the shoulder to cry on for Zayn, and he will see how caring I am. Then we'll get married, have kids, a girl and a boy, and I'll never let them feel the way I felt when I was young. I'll always be there to love them.

I continued driving until I was sure I could get lost myself. Wherever I reached was full of huge and tall trees. No houses and no buildings nearby. No sign of life. Nothing that could save him. I gulped the final drop of guilt and headed to the backseat. Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm selfish, I'm evil, I'm a monster, blah, blah, blah. But it's too late to change it. And it's not even my fault. It's Zayn's fault. He shouldn't have been so affectionate to this boy.

     I pulled him out of the car carefully, so he wouldn't wake up and ruin everything

I pulled him out of the car carefully, so he wouldn't wake up and ruin everything. I let him lie there, on the ground, and it's not my problem that it was covered in snow. He'll figure out something. Or not. It's not like he'll know I did this to him. He stirred and groaned from the uneven ground, cold snow, and small rocks under his body, and tried to get closer to something. Oh, sweetie, Zayn is not there now, is he? He sighed and stopped moving, but the frown on his face remained there.

I glanced at him for one last time to remember his face. But I couldn't keep looking for too long, as the longer I looked at him, the harder it was for me to go away. His soft brown curls, messy and covering his forehead. His button nose, his long eyelashes, his chubby cheeks, his pouty and slightly open lips. His small and snuggly figure. His soft brows. His calm breathing. I get it. I get why everybody loves him so much. I get why Zayn loves him so much. But, sorry kid, he's mine. I don't share.

- Sorry, Liam. - I whispered to the sleeping person on the ground and took a few deep breaths.

Before I could change my mind, I hurried back to the car and drove to my house. My life will finally begin. I will slowly replace the curly-haired boy and I'll be the center of Zayn's world. I couldn't stop myself from pitying Louis and Harry. They are so kind and gentle. Poor Louis. He said he missed Liam, even though they were separated for a day. I hope he doesn't do anything stupid. No, he won't. Harry won't let him. He'll overcome it somehow. Just like I overcame the excuse of a mother leaving me when I needed her. I blinked the tears that won my pride and fell down my cheeks, filling my lips with their salty taste. I haven't cried since the day she left. Never.

I am not that heartless. I am just saving my relationship. And if Liam had to disappear, then he just had to.

The things we do for love.

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE 😎