Gotta Be You

There is a big surprise in the end! 😉

     The rest of the week went slowly. Nobody cared to see what day it was. The Hemsworth would stop by to keep their company. Niall stayed with them longer, not wanting to leave his friend. They spent their time watching movies, listening to music and just having long, warm conversations. Time stopped in the Styles-Tomlinson house, the event still leaving its marks in their memories.

"Ni, where is Zayn?" Liam suddenly asked. He didn't understand why Zayn wasn't there. Didn't he care? Wasn't he even slightly worried? Was he mad at him? Did he miss Perrie?

     Niall sighed. He had no way to run away from the question anymore.

"He is in his office. Wanted to be on his own." He explained.

     Liam's frown grew bigger. He was so confused. When he was on his way back home, he hoped that he would also find Zayn's comfort. He walked closer to his friend and waited for him to continue.

"Look, he was feeling really bad about everything. We were mad at him. Well, not at him, but we were mad at the situation. He just took all the guilt and started blaming himself. He's broken, Li. He didn't sleep, didn't eat. He didn't do anything and just tortured himself. He wanted to be alone and went to the office, not even saying anything." Niall said to him with an apologetic smile.

"I wanna see him, Ni. Please." Liam pleaded, his voice trembling. 

     He asked his parents about Zayn but they tried their best to avoid the topic. They didn't want to let Liam leave the house, and he felt like he was grounded. He knew that they were going to become ten times more protective, but he needed to see Zayn. He needed to tell him that everything was alright and it wasn't his fault.

"Li, if Louis and Harry don't allow you, I won't take you out of here. It's hard for them, you know. Zayn will be back, bud. Just give him some time." Niall tried to convince him.

     They heard footsteps and turned to find Louis grabbing his jacket and keys.

"Let's get going, Li." He said, surprising the young boy.

"Where?"

"To the school. You wanted to see Zayn, right?" He answered in a 'duh' tone.

     Liam's eyes crinkled from a huge grin that appeared on his face.

"Really? You'll let me?" He asked, not believing what he heard.

"Yeah. I know, we were acting overdramatic and stuff, but we know that Zayn had nothing to do with his ex's crazy plan. Harry is still moody, but you have my permission. I want my happy boy back. Let's go." Louis assured him.

     Liam ran to him and surprised him with a tight hug, several 'thank you'-s in between. Louis chuckled at him and led him to the car.

"Ni, if Harry asks, tell him Liam is with me." Louis told Niall and started driving.

     The boy was looking out of the window excitedly. He was finally out of the house. He opened the car window and breathed the fresh air. He felt freedom returning to his life. During the week, he was feeling so vulnerable and helpless. His parents, uncles, and friends didn't let him move much, due to his scratched feet and light headache. He didn't mind, cause he was feeling drained. But now, he felt energetic again. He was back to his bubbly self.

     Louis was smiling at the boy. Everything was getting back to normal and now this was the last step. They had to get Zayn back and continue their carefree lives. He parked in front of the school building and turned to the boy.