When Zaynie Met Niall

- So, the presentation is due next week. Make sure to have a proper citation, reference list, introduction, conclusion, and each group has only five minutes. Good Luck, guys! You're free to go. - Zayn finished his lecture, leaning against the desk, and taking off his specs that made him look damn hot.

Charlie and Liam put their belongings in their bags and walked closer to him.

- Boys, you decided what novel you're going to discuss?

- What made you think we're partners? - Charlie sassed.

Zayn just raised his eyebrow.

- Yeah, yeah, me and this doofus, - He continued, pinching Liam's side, - are working on "The Picture of Dorian Gray."

- That's good. Make sure to talk about Wilde's biography, too. - Zayn added and they walked out of the classroom.

But, the younger boys changed the route, making Zayn call after them.

- Where you going?

Before Liam could stutter, Charlie gave him the 'let's tell him already' look and simply said.

- To the music room. You wanna join?

- Music room? Why? - He asked, following them.

- You'll see. - Liam looked up at him, smiling like the Cheshire cat.

When they reached the room, Charlie didn't bother to knock and confidently stepped in.

- We have a guest! - He announced proudly.

Niall turned his look away from the guitar's fingerboard and met the hazel eyes. He stood up and offered his hand that Zayn kindly shook, giving him a smile.

- I'm Mr. Malik.

- I'm Niall. Shit! I'm Professor Horan. I'll never get used to this. - Niall said, laughing to himself.

- Hey, we call you Niall, why can't he? - Charlie interrupted them.

- Yeah. That would be better.

- Not fair. Then, I'm Zayn. Mr. Malik sounds like a secret agent or something.

- That would be cool. - Liam mused beside him. Being a secret agent's sidekick. Wouldn't it be awesome!

- So, how you guys know each other? - Zayn asked the three of them.

- Those two couldn't take waiting for you to finish your work any longer, so they became friends with none other than Niall James Horan.

Zayn chuckled at the comment and sat down on a desk that was near him.

- Li, go get the guitar, Charlie, you go to the keyboard. I'll accompany Liam with bass. - Niall instructed, clapping his hands and grabbing the instrument.

- You know how to play the guitar? - Zayn asked his friend, amazed.

- Yes. Ni taught me. - Liam answered, grinning uncontrollably. He was so enthusiastic and inspired by the music classes that he looked like a ball of sunshine.

- Yeah. And let me tell you Zayn, these boys are talented as f - hell. - Niall praised them, mentally facepalming for his cursing habit, especially near the two students.

- Can we staart? You can fanboy us after we're done. - Charlie huffed.

- Such a musician attitude, Charles! - Niall answered sarcastically, but counted to three, anyways.

Liam started with the chords and began singing his lines.

- I've tried playing it cool

But when I'm looking at you

I can't ever be brave

'Cause you make my heart race

Charlie started his part.

- Shot me out of the sky

You're my kryptonite

You keep making me weak

Yeah, frozen and can't breathe

Then Niall's energetic voice mixed up with Charlie's cheerful one and Liam's sweet one.

Zayn was amazed. Sure, he and Liam pretended to be Michael Jackson, Elvis Presley, Hell, even ABBA, in their houses, but this was another level. He knew Charlie was into music and was extra talented. But this shy and sweet curly-haired boy never showed off his real singing voice.

In the middle of the song, Zayn walked to Charlie and took a seat near him, looking at the lyrics. When he joined the chorus, the other three smiled at him and started singing even more energetically. He had a great voice. Especially for an English Literature teacher.

When the song was over, the four lads started laughing at each other.

- This was legendary! - Niall exclaimed.

- Didn't know you could sing, Zaynie. - Liam giggled and set the guitar on the desk, walking closer to his friends.

- And you are the one to say that? Li, are you sure you aren't also secretly a firefighter or something? You think you know a person from when they were a toddler and he just starts singing, while you had no idea he could sing. - Zayn chuckled, bringing Liam closer to stand between his legs.

- You know him from when he was a toddler? - Niall asked, completely amazed.

- Yep! He was only two. Can you imagine how cute he was! With these chubby cheeks and button nose. - Zayn smiled, pinching Liam's cheeks and tapping on his nose as a visual demonstration to his answer.

- That's friendship goals! - Niall said, looking at the two best friends interacting and causing Charlie fakely cough.

- Whaaat? I didn't say yours is worse. - He defended himself.

- Yeaah, these partners in crime are a dream come true. - Zayn said, wrapping an arm around Charlie's shoulders, while the other one was wrapped around Liam's small figure.

- And we could use a fourth member, you know? - Charlie suggested, immediately getting Zayn's and Liam's agreement.

- I'll think about it. - Niall stated seriously. But Niall being Niall, also laughed at his own 'genius' joke. The other three laughed at his awkwardness.

- Oh, just come here already! - Zayn chuckled at him fondly, welcoming him not only into the hug, but also into their lives once and forever.

And that's how Niall joined the beautiful friendship.

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE 😎