Mr. Malik

Liam and Charlie were in the classroom, doodling in their copybooks when the bell rang, and everybody stopped talking. They didn't lift their heads, though, too engaged in drawing funny expressions on their Mickey Mouse faces. They heard steps.

- Hey, class, I'm Mr. Malik. - The voice said, causing Liam to lift his head abruptly and look at him speechlessly.

- I graduated this school last semester, and after some summer courses, got employed as an English professor. Don't ask me how. I can't believe this myself. So, I am completely new at doing this. But, I hope, we'll have fun and learn a lot. - He said, smiling at the students.

Charlie was just as surprised as his friend. He leaned closer to him and whispered:

- Is this a prank or something? What is he doing here? Shouldn't he be like in a galaxy, far far away? - Charlie asked, not caring that Liam hasn't seen Star Wars yet.

- I don't think so. He always said he wanted to teach literature. He made me read a lot of stories and he is really into it. But why didn't he tell me? - Liam asked, more to himself, totally confused.

- Boys! You see each other every single day. Please pay attention to the class. - Zayn noticed, not able to hide his smile. Who would think that one day he would become his own best friend's teacher, thanks to the almost-a-decade age difference! - Now, I want you to tell me your names, age, what your favorite book is and why. I can start if you want. I'm Zayn, I am seventeen, and my favorite book is "A Moveable Feast" by Hemingway, cause I love novels about the roaring 20s. And "Harry Potter," of course, cause it's awesome.

The students introduced themselves in the same way and soon it was Liam's turn.

- Hi, I'm Leeyum, - he started with his iconic phrase. Zayn couldn't help but chuckle at that. He remembered the first day he met Liam. The same innocent look. The same adorable curls. The same puppy eyes. The same 'Hi, I'm Leeyum."

- I just turned eight

- I just turned eight. My favorite book is "The Little Prince," because it means a lot to me. - He continued with a shy smile and an adorable blush.

- Nice to meet you, Leeyum. - Zayn laughed. Everybody knew that they were friends, so they joined in, laughing.

It was Charlie's turn, and no matter how much he wanted to say 'Oh, come on, Zayn!' or 'Hey! I'm Tony Stark,' he answered.

- Well, I'm Charlie, as you know. I'm ten. And I belong to the my-favorite-book-is-the-little-prince club. Same reason. - He said, smiling at Liam, who giggled and leaned on him a little.

- Good taste! Charles! And I can proudly call myself the founder of the club. - He said proudly, giving him a high five.

The rest of the class continued in the same friendly and relaxed manner. Even though some students thought "Who let this Freshman student act as a teacher?" but who could stand against Zayn's charm! They were glad that at least one of the teachers wouldn't be a boring old lady. After Mr. Keating, Zayn was definitely going to be their favorite.

The bell rang and the students rushed out of the classroom, leaving the three friends alone.

- So, when were you gonna tell us you were going to be our English teacher? - Charlie asked, sitting on his desk.

- Thought you'd figure it out this way. - Zayn smirked at him, pulling Liam against him, wrapping his arms around the little boy.

- Are we goin' to be your favorites, Zaynie? - Liam asked sweetly and looked up at Zayn, still resting his back on his friend's chest.

- Nah. If you keep talking during the class, you are going to be the least favorite ones. - Zayn answered, making his smile fade away.

- Aww, you know you'll always be number one, no matter what, Li. - He cooed, leaning down and kissing his cheek.

- Hey! What about me? - Charlie crossed his arms and frowned at the inseparable friends

- And you'll always be my number two, Charles Otto Puth! - He assured, pulling him into his embrace and squeezing them both together tightly until the boys managed to get out of his grip, catching their breathes and laughing.

They walked out of the classroom and walked to the canteen.

- Zaynie? - Liam called, taking his hand that had an amazing swallow tattoo.

- Yes, bud?

- Do you have an office? Cause, you know, you are a teacher? - He asked and walked faster, cause his short legs didn't manage to walk synchronously with Zayn.

- Yup! I've got a real office with a cool computer and everything. You wanna have lunch there?

Liam and Charlie eagerly agreed at once and didn't bother to invite Zac too. He spent all his time with his classmates.

Zayn grabbed the takeout lunch and led them to his office.

Charlie entered the room like a boss, his hands in his pockets, looking all around as if he owned everything. Liam, on the other hand, was careful and slow, almost hiding behind Zayn. He didn't want to be clumsy and break something in Zayn's first office.

- Now that you're a teacher, can you please explain to me, what do you, guys, keep in all those drawers? You can't keep all our assignments forever, right? Do you keep the bad students' bodies? Or worse, their phones? - Charlie asked.

- I have no idea what others keep there and hope it's not the last two, but I keep comics. - He answered and opened two drawers, letting the boys have a look at it.

- Batmaaan! - Liam exclaimed and took the comics book.

Zayn chuckled and ruffled his hair. He did that quite often. But can you blame him? Liam's soft curls are just ruffleable and I'm sure that's not even a word, but, meh.

- Yeah. I guess this office is going to be like your escape place. You can come here, whenever you want, read comics, have a talk, but, - He pointed his finger and tapped his button nose, - only when you don't have a class. Same goes with you, Charlie.

- Okay! - Both of them answered and made themselves comfortable, taking their lunches and reading the Batman comics

Zayn looked at them fondly from his chair. These two would make his working days even better, cause being a ball of sunshine 24/7 is their occupation.

VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE 😎