In the Jungle, the Mighty Jungle: Part 2

"Just so you know, if Liam makes me adopt a dog, a cat, or a cow, you get to look after it. I already have a puppy!" Louis whispered to Zayn.

"Come on, Mr. Tomlinson, he is not going to want a cow." Zayn chuckled, looking at Liam who was running in front of them.

"But I bet he'll want the horse, Zayn."

"Woah! My mom is going to kill me if I go home with a horse." Zayn said, already imagining what his mom's reaction would be like.

"Then you might want to stop him from climbing the poor animal." Louis grinned mischievously.

"Li, wait!" Zayn called and ran after him. 

     Liam kept running but was soon stopped by Zayn's arms. 

"Here you are! Let's meet Mr. Peterson first, ok?"

"Ok," Liam said, pouting. 

     He just wants to see the animals, not meet people. Animals are better than people. Except for his fathers and Zayn, of course.

"Hey, buddy! Haven't seen you in a while," a tall, blonde man said, coming closer and ruffling Zayn's hair.

"Hey, Mr. Peterson. How are you?" Zayn asked, smiling at the man.

"Good. Who we got here?" He said, bending down near Liam, who squeezed himself into Zayn, not really happy with talking to a stranger. 

     Zayn just wrapped his hands around him and rested his chin on the younger kid's head.

"This is Liam. He is my best friend. He is new here. And this is Mr. Tomlinson. He is Liam's dad," Zayn answered, looking at Louis who came closer to them with his laptop in his hands.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Tomlinson" the farmer smiled and shakes Louis' hand.

"Just call me Louis. Nice to meet you too. It's great here. I guess we will come here more often."

"Thank you and welcome to the farm. You actually chose the right time. There are newborn rabbits here now, and a lot of puppies."

     On the word "puppies," Liam immediately raised his eyebrows, looking at Louis with pleading eyes.

"Zayn, you can have a walk with Li. Just make sure, he is not out of sight, and doesn't hug the poor animals till death. I will be in the house. Come to me if you guys need anything, ok?" Louis said smiling at Zayn, and then looked down to Liam, who was still leaning on his best friend, "And you, little one, stay with Zaynie the whole time, and listen to everything he says."

     With that Louis went inside the house, ready to continue his work. He sat near the open door to check on the boys once in a while.

"What do you want to see first, Li?" Zayn asked, already knowing the answer.

"Puppies!" Liam squeaked happily, already pulling Zayn around the farm, forgetting the fact, that he didn't know where the puppies were.

"Ok, ok. Calm down, Li." Zayn laughed at his friend's excitement. He walked inside the house and took Liam to the corner, where the dogs were kept.

     When Liam saw the two labradors, surrounded by a dozen of small pups, he ran to them, snuggling into the puppies. Zayn just stood and enjoyed the view, smiling at how similar Liam and puppies were. Liam started playing with the pups with a huge grin on his face, and Zayn joined him, patting the puppies' tummies and ruffling their hair. After a solid thirty minutes of playing with the pups, Liam tried to pick up one of them, but failed, being not much bigger than them. Knowing what was on his mind, Zayn still helped him settle the Gold Retriever pup in his hands, careful not to drop it. He just wanted to see how Louis was going to find his way out of it. He kept one hand under the puppy, knowing that it was too heavy for Liam, with his other hand on the boys back, guiding him to Louis.