Chapter 18: Beginning

***Banmaden, Castle of the Founders***

The scene in front of Kazz's eyes was simply too dazzling. A huge chandelier was above them, making the floor glimmer like gold. Countless candles filled each dark corner complimenting the fancy designs on the wall. Adding the fact that the room was filled with beautiful individuals; ladies in elegant gowns and men in exquisite suits, the sight was unbelievable... If only Kazz could enjoy it...

 If only Kazz could enjoy it

At the moment, Kazz was being carried by 'Ferid' like a child, which sadly made sense since their height difference was that great. Kazz was angrily pouting while staring at 'Ferid.' In his mind he secretly protested: 'When my husband shows up, your going to get in trouble!' He tried to jump down from the man's arms, but it suddenly tightened.

"Krul, please keep your end of the contract..." Karlheinz lightly scolded him with a gentle smile on his lips.

Kazz rolled his eyes, 'Yes, yes, I know.'

Kazz learned from the bar that 'Ferid' was an influential aristocrat in the underworld kingdom. It turns out that there's a ball tonight, so the 'lonely' 'Ferid' asked Kazz to accompany him. Obviously, Kazz refused, his heart only belongs to Karlheinz—literally. Kazz even told him his gender, which all the reply that he got was, "I know."

Seeing the trap, won't give in, Karlheinz proposed a trade. Kazz just has to accompany him (on a dress) and he can get all the information he wants. Kazz found the man suspicious, 'Why did he decide to go out with a trap instead of a lady with that handsome face? Well, it doesn't matter anyway...' Even if he knows that this 'Ferid' character was dangerous and strong based on the anime, with his power Kazz should be able to escape. He made a choice: 'I can't let this opportunity slip by.'

"Oh greetings, K-" A kind looking woman appeared in front of them.

"Ferid Bathory." Karlheinz interrupted the woman with narrowing eyes.

Kazz raised an eyebrow, but moved on and paid attention to something else... Like those little boys on the corner... The Tsukinamis!

Kazz wanted to go over there and just the right time, 'Ferid' finally placed him down.

"I have to go somewhere, try and not cause trouble," Karlheinz said sweetly before bending down and pecking Kazz's right cheek.

Kazz tilted his head to dodge, but it made it even worse! The intended kiss on the cheek became a kiss on the lips! '****!' Kazz was enraged for a second, but he became dumbfounded the next. The familiar feeling only lasted a mere millisecond, but both parties felt it. A heartbeat!

The only person who can give him a heartbeat was Karlheinz! Kazz was in a dilemma again... Before he even asked 'Ferid' his true identity, the other person already teleported somewhere else.

***Somewhere***

Karlheinz changed back to his original appearance. His face was in a daze but quickly came back to reality to face Krone, the mother of Carla and Shin and the sister of Menae (Cordelia's mother).

"Karlheinz, I have a request." Krone's expression was filled with worry and fear.

"What is it, my dear friend?" Karlheinz responded.

"Could you look into the cause of Endezite and research a cure for the disease at your pharmaceutical institute?

"My pleasure, but it comes with a cost..."

"I-if it's in my power..." Krone said hesitantly.

"It's very simple....Give me a Founder as a test subject for my research."

Krone was startled, but in the end, she still nodded her head.   

Author's Note:

Reference:   

https://komamari.wordpress.com/2018/07/17/summary-diabolik-lovers-dark-fate%E3%83%BC-carla-tsukinami-ecstasy-story/

https://diabolik-lovers.fandom.com/wiki/Krone

Most of my ideas come from the wiki; I don't like breaking the Diabolik Lovers World's Rules, I'll try and stick with them as much as possible : ) 

*The yaoi scene would be posted next week, please be patient... it's my first time... *Blush*