Chapter 25: Menae (Carla and Shin part 7)

Following a bat familiar, Menae made her way to Karlheinz's experiment room. Every step, her body trembles and the clench of her fist becomes tighter. She knows that being here, in Karlheinz's mansion, would mean her betrayal to the Founder race. Her situation was very different from the Tsukinamis. The brothers only came for Kazz, while she came for Karlheinz—Karlheinz is an enemy. Menae knows that Karlheinz powers and powerful allies overwhelm the King of Founders. As a threat to his power, Giesbach wants Karlheinz dead. Currently, both parties are in a neutral state, which made sense since the Tsukinamis could come over. However, the inevitable war is closely approaching...

It also doesn't help that Menae is a female. For a female Founder to leave the Banmaden (Castle of Founders) is something that is nearly impossible. From a young age, the actions of female Founders are strictly monitored and they are taught to cut off all ties with any other race. In the very beginning, Mene was terrified to be sent from the castle, but in the end, she came to accept and embrace her sister's decision. Like Shin for Carla, Menae also admires, loves and trusts her sister unconditionally. With Karlheinz's power, she was able to leave the Banmaden and come to Karlheinz's castle.

Menae entered the experiment and found two men were waiting for her. Karlheinz stood up and greeted her with a smile, while the other man, sat quietly on a comfy chair reading a book. She couldn't see his face buried in the book, only his pink curly hair.

She redirected her focus to Karlheinz. As a Founder, she was naturally prideful, she straightened her back and weak demeanor vanished in a flash.

Off to the side, Kazz quietly paid attention to the conversation between Menae and Karlheinz.

When Karlheinz and Kazz teleported into the Experiment Room, Kazz playful mood turned serious. He wasn't a trap or a shota anymore, there's no point in acting childish. Kazz's knows that there's time to act like a child and there's time to act like a cool protagonist. As an Otaku, the word, mature, is not in his dictionary. Karlheinz was confused and amused with Kazz's change, he wanted to tease him, but it was time for business.

"Have a seat, Menae." Karlheinz motioned her to a chair.

After she sat, Karlheinz noticed her uneasiness since there's another person in the room. Karlheinz casually said, "Don't mind him. He is my apprentice."

Since there's no harm talking in front of Kazz, Menae courageously spoke, "Karlheinz, how could I help you to find a cure to Endzeit?"

"Don't be nervous. Since we're only starting, I only need to check your body for any signs of disease and a sample of your blood." Like a doctor, Karlheinz put on a warm smile that eased his patient. Though, in a matter of seconds, that kind smile turned into an evil grin. "Be careful with your actions. If this experiment fails, it also means the extinction of the Founder race, understand?"

Manae could feel the threat and pressure, but as a Founder she must be proud! She can't show weakness to a subspecies! So, with a dignified voice, she answered, "I understand." 

***Author's Note***

Thanks for the wait and thanks for reading~!