Chapter 36: Strawberry Cake and Pepper (Karlheinz Part 8)

In Azusa's embrace, Kazz sighed, not really understanding anything anymore. When he tried to slip out of the hug, Azusa held him tighter - like a child not wanting to let go of his favorite toy. Realizing his action, he quickly let go of his little brother and stepped back, embarrassed.

"Are...you...alright?" With slightly blushed cheeks and eyes avoiding Kazz's gaze, he asked.

Wiping his tears away, Kazz's lips formed a smile then chuckled at the sight before him. 'How cute.' "Mhm! I'm alright... I just remembered something horrible..." He wasn't technically lying. Letting his heart feel again, means that he has to move on with that accident. It's not easy, but he'll try. 

Kazz stepped forward and took Azusa's hand, "I'm hungry, I want to go eat!" In response to the sudden action, Azusa trembled then slowly nodded his head. He returned the knife in the drawer and led the way to the kitchen. Walking instead of teleporting? Of course, that means he can spend more time holding Kazz's hand. Azusa you sneaky fox!

Kazz didn't notice and followed Azusa to the kitchen, hand by hand.

Once they entered the 19th-century style kitchen, Ruki's sight quickly focused on their hands. Eyebrows furrowed, he coughed, annoyed.

"Oh? Big brother, you're here. What are you making?" Kazz let go of Azusa's hand to take a look at the opened cookbook on the counter. He stood on his tiptoes to get it, "Mhm, Pot Roast for dinner?" As an ex-aristocrat, he didn't need to cook, the servants took care of it. However, since they came here, he began learning how to cook by reading these cooking books. Starting from beginner dishes working his way to expert level! Though Kazz remembered Ruki's first time cooking - he almost set the kitchen on fire. He can't believe that this same person can be a person who can flambé in the future. Kazz laughed secretly.

"Yeah...What do you need, Kazz?" Ruki finished cutting the vegetables and putting them on the pot. He then wiped his hands with a towel.

"I'm hungry, I want a snack."

He raised an eyebrow, "We just had breakfast three hours ago."

"I'm a growing boy! I get hungry easily!" He argued, smiling brightly.

'I'm still growing too and I'm not hungry,' Ruki wanted to say, but then shook his head and gave into Kazz. "What do you want?"

"Something sweet."

"Why not carrots, instead?" Ruki pointed at the carrots on the table.

Kazz immediately made a disgusted face, clearly refusing Ruki's offer.

"Kazz..." Kazz heard Azusa's voice behind him. He turned around and saw him holding a plate of left-over Strawberry Cake, they bought yesterday in the city. Kazz's eyes sparkled like stars as he stared at the cake, drooling.

"Azusa, encourage Kazz to eat healthily." Ruki sighed, hiding the fact that he's a little annoyed.

"Don't listen to him. Come on Azusa let's go eat in the dining room." When it comes to food, Kazz's politeness goes out the window.

"B-but...Ruki.." Ruki is still his leader, he respects him strongly.

Kazz pouted knowing what Azusa meant. He looked back at Ruki with his despicable puppy dog eyes, his second greatest weapon on these Mukamis. "Please?"

Ruki placed his palm on his forehead, defeated by the puppy dog eyes and sighed again, "...Fine."

"Yay! Thanks, big brother!" Kazz grabbed Azusa's free hand and turned around to the dining room. He grabbed two forks on the way out.