Part 9

John saw the pain in her eyes when talking about her ability. He remembered how devastated the magenta-haired girl was every time she woke up, with her hopes crushed over and over again.

"Hey," John said, attempting to soothe her. "You'll be fine. I'll be here."

*time skip to after school*

Isen walked up to Blyke and tapped his shoulder. "Hey, dude, did you see the poster?"

"Hmm?" Blyke murmured out loud before realizing what Isen was talking about. "Oh yeah, that Turf Wars thing! But why do we have to wear masks?!"

"Dunno," Isen shrugged. "Anyways, do you want to go to Kovoro Mall later? They have a mask shop."

"Yeah, sure. Do you want to go ask Remi if she wants to-" Blyke was cut off by her, coincidentally coming.

"Did you see the posters about the Turf War!?"

"Yes, Remi." They both said at the same time, slightly annoyed. "Everyone saw it already unless you live under a rock." Blyke retorted, rolling his eyes.

"Hmph," Remi whined.

"Anyways, do you want to head over to Kovoro Mall to buy some masks?" Isen asked.

"Sounds like a plan," Blyke replied.

Kovoro Mall

"I'm pretty sure the 'Masque Shoppe' was near the food court," Blyke announced knowingly.

"Guys wait for me! I have to decide on something real quick!" Isen said, rushing to the pen aisle in a nearby store.

"Yeah, right. By the time he finishes deciding on what pen he wants, it'll be Christmas." Blyke said, with a hint of sarcasm.

"You're awfully right." Remi agrees.

"Hey! I can still hear you guys from here!" Isen shouts.

"Even better." Blyke smirks. "Hey Remi, if he doesn't decide right now, let's just go without him," Blyke proclaimed, impatiently tapping his foot on the ground.

"Sure. Let's go," Remi said as a smug smile appeared on her face. "He's still deciding."

At that moment, Isen decided to turn his head around. "Wait for me!" He dropped both pens on the ground, almost sprinting towards them.

"You! Come back here and pick that up!" The cranky shop owner yells out to Isen. Of course, Isen doesn't hear this, as he didn't even turn his head.

"I see it-it's right over there," Isen announced.

"Then what are we waiting for?" Blyke says, running to the store.

Around 20 different masks were currently at the Masque Shoppe. These include: a cat mask, a grim reaper mask, a pumpkin mask, a witch mask, a Batman mask, a bear mask with a pink bow, a clown mask, a bunny mask with blonde extensions, a drama mask (both white and black), a Pikachu mask, a steampunk mask, and more.

"Hmm...." Remi says, thinking out loud. "Guys, I think I found the perfect one!" She says, beaming.

"Which one?" Blyke asks.

She smirks as she points to the Pikachu one.

"That's the one you'll be buying, Miss?" The worker asks.

"Yes, please."

"That'll be $8.99."

She hands him the money, striking a conversation with Blyke as the perfect idea pops into her mind. "Hey, Blyke? I know which one suits you perfectly." Remi declares, pointing to the clown one.

"W-What? No way I'm wearing that. I want something way cooler. I think..." Blyke trails off, scanning the masks. "I'll take that one, sir." He tells the worker, pointing at the grim reaper mask.

"That'll be $9.59." The worker says as Blyke hands him the money.

"And my change?" Blyke states irritatedly.

"Oh, y-yeah, sorry. Here you go." He stutters as he hands him his change.

"Fine, then. I'll take the clown mask if you won't." Isen states.

"That's $10.99." Isen hands him the money and snatches the mask off the counter.

"Bye, have a nice day!"

"You too."

"This is going to end up looking more like a Halloween party than a Turf Wars," Blyke proclaims.

"Can't argue with that," Isen replies.

"You like arguing with me?"

"I never said that."

"Tch!" Blyke scoffs.

"Anyways, I heard that you were injured, Isen. It was so bad, that you were knocked out! People said the guy who attacked you had multiple abilities. Meili even had to carry you to the infirmary." Remi said.

"Holy hell! Multiple abilities? I've seen anyone with those abilities before. Who could've done this, Isen?" Blyke questioned.

"Um...."

Author's Note

Since Uru-Chan hasn't shown us Cecile's stats yet, what level do you think I should make her? It has to be above 4.5 (since her level is above Blyke's), but considerably lower than Remi's (5.4). On the unOrdinary Wikia, it said that her ability level is above 5, and her ability allows her to create green energy ropes, and shoot green projectiles. (Edit: If you're reading this, I've already decided.) Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Please rate and comment!

-Lemoinx